Author Topic: Conjugating 'to have' - Emagon  (Read 1684 times)

DannyJeffrey

• Learning High Valyrian!
    • View Profile
Conjugating 'to have' - Emagon
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:10:23 pm »
Rytsas tolvys!

I was just wondering if anyone could possibly conjugate 'to have' (Emagon) in either the past or future tense for me in High Valyrian?
I was also wondering if anyone could tell me the structure of a High Valyrian sentence (noun first, verb first etc).

Thank you for any responses! :)

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: Conjugating 'to have' - Emagon
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 02:48:30 am »
I was just wondering if anyone could possibly conjugate 'to have' (Emagon) in either the past or future tense for me in High Valyrian?
Looks to me that it's listed at http://wiki.dothraki.org/High_Valyrian_Verb_Conjugation for at least most conjugations: imperfect, perfect, past habitual, future ... the very last column after "Consonant-Final" and "Vowel-final", under "Irregular".

I was also wondering if anyone could tell me the structure of a High Valyrian sentence (noun first, verb first etc).
Hey! I know this one :) Valyrian is SOV (subject first, then object, then verb). The verb coming last is a thing. All in all Valyrian tends towards head-finality, so most structures have the main thing last and modifying stuff before it (which makes eg. relative clauses look alien). Adjectives can come either after the noun they modify or before, with some grammatical difference between the two syntaxes.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.