Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 8764 times)

ERM

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:44:27 am »
Hello everyone!

I´m from Spain and I´m new to Dothraki. To help me learning the language, I have started developing and Android app so I can check the translation of the words on my mobile phone. Right now is in a very early stage, but I hope to be able to share it with all of you soon if you are interested.

Best regards,

Havazhyol

• Athdrivar vos annakhoo !
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:22:40 pm »
M'athchomaroon, ERM.

Davrakh yeri arhela kisha. (I hope i'm good on this one)

Good luck on your app, I 'm really interested with the idea.
If you ever go for a multilingual, I'd be enjoyed to help for the french part.

Shieraki gori ha yeraan.

I'm back !!

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:31:56 am »
arhela?
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Havazhyol

• Athdrivar vos annakhoo !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:02:48 am »
rhelat (past SG : rhel) : to help, futur tense.

Apparently, it went wrong.  :(
I'm back !!

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:44 am »
Apparently, it went wrong.
No, I'm pretty sure it's kosher. Arhela is just slightly curious looking for a Dothraki word.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 01:57:26 pm »
I figured it was future tense. I just had trouble finding a word that matched. I should have seen rhelat. I guess that is what happens when you do this stuff at the end of the day, when you are tired ;)

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »
Hello everyone!

I´m from Spain and I´m new to Dothraki. To help me learning the language, I have started developing and Android app so I can check the translation of the words on my mobile phone. Right now is in a very early stage, but I hope to be able to share it with all of you soon if you are interested.

Best regards,

Hi! I'm a Spanish-speaker also, from Argentina. I'm right now translating the Dothraki dictionary into Spanish! So very soon we'll have a Spanish version.
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey

ERM

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 12:21:26 am »
Thank you Havazhyol for your welcome and for offering your help.  :)

I´m full throttle working on the app and I expect to be able to finish it sometime between this weekend and next week. In the future maybe we can create the French and Spanish versions, that will be great!

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 01:33:47 pm »
User Havazhyol has a French dictionary pretty much complete. User Niqqo has been working on a Spanish dictionary, but I don't know how far he has gotten with it. I have a Na'vi one started, but that has been stalled for a while (nad maybe I can get back on it fairly soon).

How are you getting your vocabulary? There are ways that can be exported out of the dictionary system, for all these languages.

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »
User Havazhyol has a French dictionary pretty much complete. User Niqqo has been working on a Spanish dictionary, but I don't know how far he has gotten with it. I have a Na'vi one started, but that has been stalled for a while (nad maybe I can get back on it fairly soon).

How are you getting your vocabulary? There are ways that can be exported out of the dictionary system, for all these languages.

I got to 97% I did create a topic also about it. Should I translate also the Introduction and all that?
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 06:56:32 pm »

I got to 97% I did create a topic also about it. Should I translate also the Introduction and all that?

Sek, sekosshi!

And yes, translate the intorduction. Havazhyol is having some difficulty with that, and I can't remember to get back to him  :(  Let me know if you have any issues.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:59:48 pm by Hrakkar »

ERM

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 11:07:34 am »

Hi Hrakkar,

I´m using the vocabulary from the Dothraki Wiki, parsing the vocabulary from the source of the page.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 12:40:41 am »
Several different data dumps, such tab delimited, SQL, etc. are available from the Dothraki dictionary. In the Na'vi domain, thye use these to auto-update the dictionary.

ERM

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 11:40:23 pm »
Several different data dumps, such tab delimited, SQL, etc. are available from the Dothraki dictionary. In the Na'vi domain, thye use these to auto-update the dictionary.

Android uses SQLite, it seems that it would be a lot more easy to obtain the vocabulary from a SQL database than parsing the Wiki. Could I have access to this type of dumps?

I have worked in the app these passed days and I have updated a first version to Google Play, you can find it here: Dothraki Dictionary

It would be great to hear your comments to improve the app in following versions.  :)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 12:56:27 pm »
Athdavrazar! I'll get you the SQL link this evening. Luckily for you, updates have been infrequent, as David has been concentrating on Valyrian.