Author Topic: Worldcon and David Peterson coming to Finland in 2017  (Read 6634 times)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
Worldcon and David Peterson coming to Finland in 2017
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:52:06 pm »
So Helsinki won the bid to host Worldcon in 2017 and David Peterson is going to learn finnish in anticipation of the con.

I'm planning on going so who will be joining me? I'm looking at you Qvaak. Time for a Dothraki meet-up in 2017.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: Worldcon and David Peterson coming to Finland in 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:21:09 pm »
Gosh darn there's all of sudden a lot of stuff here on the forums. Dothraki meet-up 2017 should be a definite yes. David learning Finnish will be fun.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Worldcon and David Peterson coming to Finland in 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:34:09 pm »
I somehow missed this announcement. This sounds wonderful, especially for the European Dothraki folks. I wonder if there is any way I could arrange to attend Worldcon 2017, and we could all spend some time together. 2017 is far enough down the road that I could start planning now. (However, 2017 is also the opening of the World of Pandora exhibit in Orlando, Florida, USA, and that is going to be a big deal for the Na'vi folks. Oh, and the release of the next 'Avatar' film!)
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)