Author Topic: Chat Thread!  (Read 12367 times)

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
Chat Thread!
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:43:26 pm »
This is for random chatter, since we're a small community at the moment and we probably don't have any serious spammers as of yet.

How's it going? Why are you here?

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
Re: Chat Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 03:51:51 am »
I've linked us on the ASOAIF boards, and on twitter. Should have an influx soon, I hope!

ShadowedSin

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:29:11 pm »
Faring well!

With my more extensive work in Conlanging I understand terminology a lot more and I can tell you than I can't wait to sink my teeth into Dothraki :)

If I had more time I would be speaking Na'vi, but since I'm more interested ASOIAF more than Avatar Dothraki is gaining more attention.

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:41:44 am »
Yeah, ASOAIF is a lot more sustainable, fan-wise, than Avatar.

Slä - fko sìltsan leiu alu tìpuslltxe Na'viyä lì'fyayä.

ShadowedSin

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 02:21:30 pm »
Sigh didn't get too much into it but I am reading the Na'vi notes lol.

Fyhen Shush, eune thilosh heis.

KoErin

• Dothraki vos Klingon!
    • View Profile
    • Cacovsky's Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 09:17:54 am »
I think I'm the only not-into-conlanging-thing nerd around here... Most of you know 3 or 4 languages. My languages are not but programming languages.

You guys speak to people in Na'vi, Swedish, Italian, Latim, Hebrew, and possibly Klingon. I talk to computers in C, C#, C++, Java, JavaScript, PHP, and a little Ruby and Python. At least, it's something I know about and you guys don't. :P

Also, I suck at English, but I'm very good at Portuguese.

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 09:29:34 am »
I think I'm the only not-into-conlanging-thing nerd around here... Most of you know 3 or 4 languages. My languages are not but programming languages.

You guys speak to people in Na'vi, Swedish, Italian, Latim, Hebrew, and possibly Klingon. I talk to computers in C, C#, C++, Java, JavaScript, PHP, and a little Ruby and Python. At least, it's something I know about and you guys don't. :P

Well, I wouldn't call myself a conlanging-thing nerd either. Dothraki is the only conlang that I've gotten into. I have read a few languages in school by primarily I'm a science nerd so we're not that far apart I would say. I don't know any real programming languages though. I've only really programmed a little bit in MATLAB.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Jenny

• View Profile
    • Na'vi Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »
Definitely a conlang-nerd. Never thought I'd become one though!
Pretty much a language-nerd in general.

KoErin

• Dothraki vos Klingon!
    • View Profile
    • Cacovsky's Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 03:44:50 pm »

Well, I wouldn't call myself a conlanging-thing nerd either. Dothraki is the only conlang that I've gotten into. I have read a few languages in school by primarily I'm a science nerd so we're not that far apart I would say. I don't know any real programming languages though. I've only really programmed a little bit in MATLAB.

Indeed, we're not that far apart. I also play a little bit with MATLAB (or, at least, with Octave, which is pretty much the same thing). Ingsve, do you work with signals and stuff?

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »
I need to learn MATLAB. I know python.

Jenny, what languages do you speak now? :P

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »
Indeed, we're not that far apart. I also play a little bit with MATLAB (or, at least, with Octave, which is pretty much the same thing). Ingsve, do you work with signals and stuff?

I don't work with anything at the moment. I recently graduated and I'm currently unemployed. I've been doing some substitute teaching at some schools in town but otherwise I'm looking for a job. My speciality is more towards solar cells and power cells. My thesis work was done on polymer electrolytes for dye-sensitized solar cells.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Jenny

• View Profile
    • Na'vi Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 05:57:24 am »
Jenny, what languages do you speak now? :P

Hmm.. Well Swedish and English, German and Spanish..
I would like to say that I'm fluent in Na'vi, and I'm still slowly learning Sami.
Soon I can hopefully add Dothraki to the list!  ;)

KoErin

• Dothraki vos Klingon!
    • View Profile
    • Cacovsky's Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 04:37:30 pm »

I don't work with anything at the moment. I recently graduated and I'm currently unemployed. I've been doing some substitute teaching at some schools in town but otherwise I'm looking for a job. My speciality is more towards solar cells and power cells. My thesis work was done on polymer electrolytes for dye-sensitized solar cells.

This seems very interesting, really. I'm graduating in Computer Engineering, with emphasis in signals and systems,  and software engineering (pretty different sutff). Also, a little bit web development (programming, not designing); that's what I currently work with. Here at my unversity, there are some colleagues that collect data about solar exposure of some regions using microcontrolers to automate some movement.

akiwiguy

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 06:01:40 pm »

I'm learning Na'vi and Dothraki, and I know C, PHP, HTML, CSS, Visual Basic .NET, and a bit of Python.

And I'm 14!

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 02:32:40 am »
The last sentence says it all, really.

Really cool, man. I need to learn C at some point.