Author Topic: Athchomar chomakea/ Toki! /.i coi ro do/ Dosolfasi/ Ükhu attál în-n uhednaláň  (Read 6972 times)

shanoxilt

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
    • /r/LearnDothraki
Hello, everyone!

I am the head moderator of /r/learnDothraki on Reddit.com. As you can discern from the subject line, I am also interested Toki Pona, Lojban, Solresol, and Ithkuil. I'll be checking in here from time to time so I can gauge the progress of the language. If anyone here has a Reddit account, be sure to join us!

This is just a notice to announce that the popularity of Dothraki is growing across the internet.

Thanks for your time. Have a pleasant day.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
M'ath, zhey shanoxilt! Welcome to the Learn Dothraki webforums!

We try hard here to keep the information on this site as current as we can. A number of us here are able to communicate regularly with David Peterson (who I know does some stuff on Reddit as well), who keeps us on the 'straight and narrow'. If you haven't already, you should check out David's blog at http://www.dothraki.com The wiki and dictionary here are about as close to 'official' as you are going to find anywhere. In any case, I hope you find what you are looking for, and we stand ready to help Dothraki grow.

I see you are into Lojban. Do you you know Mark Schonblum? I had the pleasure of spending three days with Mark about a month ago, at the Klingon Language Institute's annual meeting, just prior to Worldcon. Besides Klingon, we talked a lot about Lojban, which is a language that I am interested in and hope to learn once Na'vi, Dothraki and Klingon are 'under my belt'.

In any case, welcome! and I will have to check out your resources on Reddit.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

shanoxilt

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
    • /r/LearnDothraki
We try hard here to keep the information on this site as current as we can. A number of us here are able to communicate regularly with David Peterson (who I know does some stuff on Reddit as well), who keeps us on the 'straight and narrow'. If you haven't already, you should check out David's blog at http://www.dothraki.com The wiki and dictionary here are about as close to 'official' as you are going to find anywhere.
Thanks. I made sure to post those on the subreddit.
I see you are into Lojban. Do you you know Mark Schonblum?
I don't personally know him, although I may have had a chat with him on IRC.
I had the pleasure of spending three days with Mark about a month ago, at the Klingon Language Institute's annual meeting, just prior to Worldcon. Besides Klingon, we talked a lot about Lojban, which is a language that I am interested in and hope to learn once Na'vi, Dothraki and Klingon are 'under my belt'.
What questions do you have about Lojban?

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile

Thanks. I made sure to post those on the subreddit.

Zhey shanoxil, I went and found what I think is your page on Reddit. You have assembled a nice collection of links there, including some stuff from LCC4. (Are you an LCS member? have you been to an LCC?)

Quote from: shanoxilt
What questions do you have about Lojban?

Lots of questions, but none I am really ready to ask yet. I need to download (or purchase) the reference grammar, and get an idea how things work. I get the idea that words take arguments, like a computer function, and that syntax is very strict. But right now, I want to get really good at Na'vi and Dothraki, then Klingon, then probably Lojban. There is only so much language I can learn at once, especially with a busy work schedule!

Kìyevame! (Na'vi, farewell for now)
Dothras chek!

shanoxilt

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
    • /r/LearnDothraki
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 06:06:22 am »
Zhey shanoxil, I went and found what I think is your page on Reddit. You have assembled a nice collection of links there, including some stuff from LCC4. (Are you an LCS member? have you been to an LCC?)
No, but I have seen some of their videos on Youtube under the FiatLingua channel.
Lots of questions, but none I am really ready to ask yet. I need to download (or purchase) the reference grammar, and get an idea how things work. I get the idea that words take arguments, like a computer function, and that syntax is very strict.
All Lojban material is available free on the internet. Check the official site or Jbotcan for details.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
I see David Peterson is aware your subreddit, and it is the subject of his latest blog entry at http://www.dothraki.com!

shanoxilt

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
    • /r/LearnDothraki
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 08:36:09 am »
I see David Peterson is aware your subreddit, and it is the subject of his latest blog entry at http://www.dothraki.com!

We posted his blog announcement on the subreddit. However, we still need more subscribers.

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
I saw that you had come on the IRC chat. Yes, it works. It's usually most active on mondays at 7pm PST (4am CET). I'm usually logged in even when I'm sleeping or at work so I might not be responsive all the time but I usually see what has been written.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly