Author Topic: IRC chats among ourselves  (Read 33879 times)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: IRC chats among ourselves
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »
Daenerys, sorry I won't be there today.

I have discovered that it is the University that makes IRC not work here, except in one area of the building where I can access a 'public' wi-fi. To compound things, the client I installed surprised me whn I was trying two weeks ago by stopping and wanting $20 to continue. That is money well spent if it is my only option, but at the moment I should be able to make it work under Linux (when I have my other laptop here).

To top it all off, I learned today that a very dear lioness 'friend' of mine was killed last week when a blind tiger bit her. The lioness and the tiger had been friends for more than a decade, and were on good terms prior to the accident. But apparently she had startled him by accidentally stepping on him while he was sleeping, etc. and full-force bit her because he couldn't see her. We will probably never know why this happened. She was named 'Nala' and was a very sweet cat, and she had long ago made me 'part of her pride'. The tiger is very old and also a good 'friend' of mine. He is undoubtedly heartbroken by this, and I wouldn't be surprised if dies soon now. I have been crying all day over this. Sometimes, life just doesn't seem fair.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 11:30:23 pm »
Zhey Hrakkar, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved 'Nala'. :( I can understand how sad you are.

I hope you soon are able to join the chats.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 10:34:23 pm »
Zhey Hrakkar, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved 'Nala'. :( I can understand how sad you are.

I hope you soon are able to join the chats.

Thank you for the well-wishes. One of my close-to-home lions (the one in my avatar) was sick last week as well, but I now expect him to fully recover.

I am going to take my Linux laptop tomorrow and try to participate. However, don't count on it. My boss is back from a long vacation, and he will undoubtedly have plenty of things to keep me busy with!

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 11:59:13 am »
Vitteya Haji Christmas! :)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 01:57:45 pm »
Vitteya Haji Christmas! :)

Vitteya Haji Christmas zhey mai zhavvorsi!
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 11:30:44 pm »
Firesof athvezhvenari!  :)

Got my days mixed up and missed the meeting. :(

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 09:27:24 am »
Firesof athvezhvenari!  :)

Got my days mixed up and missed the meeting. :(

Well, there will be more chats so just view it as a night off. We had Hrakkar stop by so we were a decent bunch. Most of the time was spent trying to figure out how to correctly translate Ours is the Fury for Crown of Gold but in the end we weren't 100% happy with the translation.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:29:37 am by ingsve »
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 05:33:44 pm »
We really did have a good time Monday night! Now that I have a computer that is at least somewhat reliable for IRC, this should make things a lot easier. The challenge now is to get free at 5 PM for the chats. I learned a lot, and want to learn more (really concentrating now on figuring out how the grammar works, and figuring out how to best memorize the declension/pronoun tables).

Oh, and Merry Christmas/Happy New Years, everyone!

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 12:59:42 pm »
Me firesof sash! Hajas, eyak.

Most of the time was spent trying to figure out how to correctly translate Ours is the Fury for Crown of Gold but in the end we weren't 100% happy with the translation.
I might have missed some things, being a bit under weather and all, but I think we never learned/decided, what fury should be in Dothraki. The discussion was just about the syntax of the sentence. I think the staightforward but somewhat artificial Kishi Ath***ar was in the end the winning version.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »
I suspect that one of the participants in that chat will be able to come up with a word for 'fury'...

I probably won't be joining in Monday night. Or if I do, it will only be for a short time. Lesson appointment with my Na'vi teacher that night!

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 12:16:45 pm »
Vitteya Zhori! :)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 12:26:09 pm »
Vitteya Zhori yeraan, zhey Daenerys!

Someone actually sent me a valentine today, the first in like, 40 years! (It was a text message, though, not a physical document.)

We missed you lat night on the IRC chat. We discussed a bunch of different things, including what was heard on the Jeff Rubin podcast. We also talked about expanding the compound words efforts.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:27:43 pm by Hrakkar »

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 09:16:57 pm »
We missed you, zhey Hrakaar at the last meeting!

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 01:29:22 pm »
I sorry I missed the chat. I have been extremely busy with a major installation project at work. I have basically been working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for the last two weeks. The end is in sight, but there are probably 3-4 more days of this kind of work.

I did get an email last night from David, asking about making a video of myself speaking Dothraki. I am working on this, and I hope to do it in the next few days. (A lot will depend on how well things are going with the project.) I also need to fighre out what to say, and asked for text suggestions.

I should be back next week!

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 04:26:54 pm »
zhey lajaki,

I hope to see you all tonight, but I will be late. I have to run for the train to get back to my abode. :) Finished the vid. Argh been working on it all day! My voice hurts. :(  Hope to see you all! Thank you for your help! You all are awesome!