Author Topic: Help with a translation  (Read 4506 times)

Thanos

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Help with a translation
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:45:52 am »
Hi guys. I’m doing a piece on invented languages for a greek website I’m writing for and I need to translate the phrase “do you speak Dothraki?” in Dothraki. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: Help with a translation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:59:16 am »
Strange. This - or something close to this - comes up every once in a while, so I thought googling for an answer would be easy. Seems not so. There has to be DJP answer somewhere, but right out of my head the safest choice should be
Hash yer shili lekhes dothraki? or
Hash shafka shili lehkes dothraki?
latter being more formal way. That isn't exactly "Do you speak dothraki?" it's more "Do you know Dothraki?" More exact literal translation is more iffy, IMO, but goes:
Hash yer asti lekhes dothraki? or
Hash shafka asti lehkes dothraki?
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Thanos

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 03:00:35 am »
I did try googling it, originally, but I thought it would be a good idea to ask here too, just to be sure.
Thanks Qvaak. You earned yourself special thanks in our end credits  :D

DothrakiFan

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »
If you have any difficulties about Dothraki words you might want to try an iOS application which is DothEn. It works perfect for me. I think it is worth to buy it. If you want to check it follow the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dothen/id946249015