Author Topic: M'athchomaroon, zhey eyak :D Anha MahrazhVoj  (Read 6399 times)

MahrazhVoj

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
M'athchomaroon, zhey eyak :D Anha MahrazhVoj
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:22:03 am »
Yes, I did seriously call myself ManPerson.

Hi, I'm Loran, or MahrazhVoj. I've been studying Dothraki for about two weeks now and I'm getting quite skilled. My main problem is just that many words aren't coined yet. I hope it will soon expand. Can someone tell me if the Valyrian vocabulary is larger? If so, I'll get some work done on learning that, so I'll have learnt a language which I can actually speak.

Dothraki is great though. I hope to be able to learn more, maybe some people are interested in teaching me some of the more advanced rules, which I might have missed.

I've recently made a little quiz on QuizUp about Dothraki, since we were playing around with that at school, I hope some people will be able to add some good questions. Mostly trivia and idioms, but vocabulary and grammar is also fine if it's not some impossible question. I've been trying to keep them guessable and all the vocab questions are beginner words. It's not very educative, just for fun. (Edit: I just saw that I need your username to give you access to the question editing)

Last, what's going on in this community? I like to be part of all the interesting discussions :))

Dothras chek,
MahrazhVoj
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:27:57 am by MahrazhVoj »

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
Re: M'athchomaroon, zhey eyak :D Anha MahrazhVoj
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 12:40:39 pm »
M'ath, lajak sash!

To answer your first question, Dothraki is much larger than Valyrian and allows you to build vocabulary from the ~4,000 root words with about a dozen derivational morphologies and compund words.

And apparently this community has been rather slow recently. In my opinion, people just need to post more and add some discussion to this place that goes beyond translating phrases. If you're truly invested in Dothraki, though, I suggest going onto the Dothraki Wiki; read, take notes, and practice using the two memrise courses for the next couple of months until you yourself feel completely comfortable with the full variety of what Dothraki has to offer.  If you want someone to talk to while you do these things, I have a Skype that I use regularly to communicate with other members of the community. Send a private message to me, if you want, and I'll give you more info.

Haji, ma ezo chek
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:06:23 am by Choyosor »
My name means butt swarm

Nullus

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 06:15:35 pm »
I know your post is a little old, but I hope that you're still pursuing the language, it seems to me that the forums could really use a jump start and luckily enough we've just had some new members  join so we have a chance to breath some life into our fading community!

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:13:56 am »
Well, good sir or madam, we've just hit a resurgence point in the past few days! With two returning members and about four or so new members becoming active within the last week or so. I've been doing my damndest keeping up to date with everything and adding more and more content for people to look through in the hopes of gaining interest in the community once again. I guess it may actually show signs of paying off soon!
My name means butt swarm