Author Topic: Valyrian comong soon!  (Read 5772 times)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Valyrian comong soon!
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:42:04 pm »
Keep an eye open for big changes at Dothraki.org. It looks like the changes to support Valyrian will be here sooner rather than later! I'll pst news here as I get it.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Jenny

• View Profile
    • Na'vi Blog
Re: Valyrian comong soon!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 02:49:20 am »
OH!  :D

Aleenik

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 01:11:22 am »
Valar morghulis. I'm a GoT addict and I lurk here occasionally just to see how learning Dothraki is going for people. I have no interest in learning in though. I am however interested in learning Valyrian. A bit of it at least. I like the history behind it and I think it sounds much more pleasing than Dothraki. I suppose High Valyrian is the variant that interests me the most. I can't wait to be able to learn some of it.:)

Mathion

• Fantasy Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:49:21 am »
I love the way Valyrian sounds on screen. Emilia Clarke really brings that language to life, and whoever that dude is who plays Grey Worm...wow he sounds like a natural speaker!!

The phonology and "texture" of the language really impresses me. It's amazing how a consonant like "z" can add so much to something  ;D

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:56:07 pm »
Your best bet right now, for picking up the basics of Valyrian (mainly High Valyrian or HV as we call it here) is to look at David Peterson's blog at http://www.dothraki.com As of Monday, David posted some very useful declension tables that should get you off to a good start.

I am waiting to hear from Payoang from LearnNavi (who hosts this site, thank you, LearnNavi!) about getting the wiki going. I am hoping to have  a few hours this weekend to get a Valyrian section set up here on the forums.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Aleenik

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »
Your best bet right now, for picking up the basics of Valyrian (mainly High Valyrian or HV as we call it here) is to look at David Peterson's blog at http://www.dothraki.com As of Monday, David posted some very useful declension tables that should get you off to a good start.

I am waiting to hear from Payoang from LearnNavi (who hosts this site, thank you, LearnNavi!) about getting the wiki going. I am hoping to have  a few hours this weekend to get a Valyrian section set up here on the forums.
Thanks.:) I do indeed read his blog sometimes. I'm not very knowledgeable on grammar terminology though and a ton of that stuff goes way over my head. Hopefully you are able to get the wiki going this weekend like you want to do. A lot of people seem interested in High Valyrian. I hope it becomes GoT's Klingon.:) Sorry Dothraki.

Once the wiki is up, I will do what I can to help out with it. I really want to see High Valyrian take off. I think it sounds beautiful. Or at least Emilia Clarke makes it sound that way.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:27:56 pm by Aleenik »