General Category > General Discussion

Is there a Dothraki word for "Myself"?

(1/2) > >>

peregrin-fool-of-a-took:
anyone?

Qvaak:
If the double post was due to impatience, please don't expect an answer in minutes (or even hours, really). This is a small community and if the few key people are busy, getting an answer might take a day or two.

We don't know Dothraki word for myself, and it's likely there isn't one. Dothraki deal with reflexives with a particle thingie, so you would, for example, say "I'm teaching myself Dothraki" like this: Anha nemo ezzok lekhes Dothraki.

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Qvaak on April 01, 2012, 11:08:16 pm ---If the double post was due to impatience, please don't expect an answer in minutes (or even hours, really). This is a small community and if the few key people are busy, getting an answer might take a day or two.

We don't know Dothraki word for myself, and it's likely there isn't one. Dothraki deal with reflexives with a particle thingie, so you would, for example, say "I'm teaching myself Dothraki" like this: Anha nemo ezzok lekhes Dothraki.

--- End quote ---

Hehe. I didn't see that there was a double post so I answered the question in the other thread...Good to see that we came up with the same answer.

As for responses, I tend to check the forum fairly regularly but if there is no answer in a while that probably means I'm sleeping.

Najahho:
How about using the particle with an imperative? If you had to translate the famous "nosce te ipsum", would that be: Yer nemo nesas ? Or could you just drop the pronoun?

Havazhyol:

--- Quote from: Niqqo on November 13, 2012, 11:43:49 am ---How about using the particle with an imperative? If you had to translate the famous "nosce te ipsum", would that be: Yer nemo nesas ? Or could you just drop the pronoun?

--- End quote ---

Fun stuff, I had to translate your dothraki sentence, only to discover I always knew it in french :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version