General Category > General Discussion

Passover:The four Questions

(1/2) > >>

steves213:
Winter may be coming,  but now it's spring, which means that Passover will be here soon.  Has anyone translated the 4 Questions into Dothraki yet?

ingsve:

--- Quote from: steves213 on March 21, 2012, 05:25:21 pm ---Winter may be coming,  but now it's spring, which means that Passover will be here soon.  Has anyone translated the 4 Questions into Dothraki yet?

--- End quote ---

Nope. Though looking at them it shouldn't take too much work since there are only a few words that are unknown.

Why is this night different from all other nights?

Why is it that on all other nights during the year we eat either bread or matzoh, but on this night we eat only matzoh?

Why is it that on all other nights we eat all kinds of herbs, but on this night we eat only bitter herbs?

Why is it that on all other nights we do not dip our herbs even once, but on this night we dip them twice?

Why is it that on all other nights we eat either sitting or reclining, but on this night we eat in a reclining position?

steves213:
Some Haggadahs substitute  this other question for the fourth:

Why on all other nights do we eat in an ordinary manner but on this night we dine with special ceremony

Steve

Hrakkar:
Ultimately, I hope to translate the Bible into Dothraki, but beginning that project is a ways off yet. At least, the setting of much of GRRM's workd should lend much of he needed terminology. (Translating the Bible into na'vi has been a nightmare!)

I am assuming you have seen the website 'The four questions in every language?' Paul Frommer did the four questions for Na'vi, and had to coin a few words to do it. (I would use the fourth question as used there).

The Lord's prayer could be very interesting in Dothraki!

steves213:
As this was a topic about passover, can someone please start and move the discussion of the Lord's Prayer to another subject

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version