Author Topic: New time for IRC chats?  (Read 6264 times)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
New time for IRC chats?
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:46 am »
Since my current work situation makes it hard for me to be awake at 4 am (CET) for the IRC chats I was wondering if we should revisit the time for the regular chats.

I don't think shifting it a few hours here or there would change anything for me so it would need to be a different time of the day or on the weekend sometime. How many of the regular visitors would not be able to make a chat sometime between 11am and 3pm on a weekday? I'm guessing it would be most US based people?

How about weekends? In the early days the regular time slot was Sundays at 1 pm PST. How would a time like that be for everyone? Or would Saturdays be better?
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: New time for IRC chats?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:40:05 am »
I've been wondering, if we could create a second, European, meet time, since I'm sceptical we'll manage to make one time that fits all. It feels unfair that we are currently pretty much excluding everyone (but me) on this side of the ball. Then again, we can barely manage one meet time with enough regulars to make it worthwhile, and the fact that David often attends greatly enhances the worth anyway.

As a  semi-regular visitor, the day of the week does not matter to me - weekends are the same as week days. I can't do ~ 10 pm - 4 am GMT (2 pm - 8 pm PST), but all other times are more or less doable... well, I guess I've made pretty good track record of arriving only a little late at our meets starting at 3 am GMT (7 pm PST). I'd probably do worse on our daytime, somewhere around 9 am - 2 pm GMT (1 am - 6 am PST).
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:58:45 pm »
It is going to be very difficult to find a time that doesn't conflict with someone who is active here.

If the chat happened late in the evening (10 PM - 1 AM PST) that would work well for me, and I think for Ingsve. But it might not work well for David, and probably not for Daenerys.

Daytime IRC chats are out for me, unless they fall around noon PST. But even then, I would not be able to participate for more than about an hour. Sundays are out like a work day because the zoo is essentially a work day. I am much more available on Saturdays, but I also tend to get very busy on Saturdays as it is the only day I have reasonable time to myself now.

Early mornings are a workable possibility (4-8 AM PST), but it would be a real challenge logistically to make these times work well. Monday morning would be best if this ends up being the time.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 09:40:20 am »
Mmmh... can someone convert this times for me? I'm GMT -3
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey