Author Topic: How do you say...  (Read 10047 times)

jcquim

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
How do you say...
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:18:13 pm »
Miss you or farewell..??

knowing the nature of dothraki people I think it wouldnt exist miss you justo like thank you

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
Re: How do you say...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:08 am »
I'm not sure we've had a word for missing someone. You could perhaps use the verb zigerelat which means to need, or to require. Anha zigerek yeroon would mean "I need you".

For farwell or simply goodbye there are several options used.

Fonas chek is a simply good bye and literally means "hunt well"
Dothras chek can be used in a similar way in parting, it means "ride well"
Hajas is also used, it means "Be strong"
A little more elaborate would be Shieraki gori ha yeraan which means "The stars are charging for you". This is said as a good luck or well-wishing of someone who is going into battle.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:39:08 am »
Huh? Vocab gives us vigererat - to miss someone, and since I think that comes from Daenerys asking David to translate some Daenerys' line ("tell him I miss him and wait for his return" or something similar) from the books, I think the sense should be pretty much spot on. Derivational background makes sense too.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:04:07 am »
Huh? Vocab gives us vigererat - to miss someone, and since I think that comes from Daenerys asking David to translate some Daenerys' line ("tell him I miss him and wait for his return" or something similar) from the books, I think the sense should be pretty much spot on. Derivational background makes sense too.

Ya, I didn't do a thorough enough search in the vocab. I only found lostat for missing (a target for example) and then I didn't search on for more.

So "I miss you" is Anha vigererak yeroon.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly