Author Topic: First example of spoken dothraki.  (Read 9598 times)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
First example of spoken dothraki.
« on: March 16, 2011, 06:49:46 pm »
There are some new featurette videos released on comcasts VOD site fancast and one of them features Khal Drogo who gives us the first example of spoken dothraki. It appears that the videos are georestricted to the US but they have also appeared on youtube.com already. Take a look fast because I don't know if they will be allowed to stay up since comcast apparently has a rather long exclusive on them.

Targaryen Portrait Khal Drogo

It's hard to make out what he's saying though. I can't really make out what syllables are part of a longer word or what words are just monosyllabic. If I were to venture a guess then the first word he says could be "ma" and in the middle I think I hear a "fin". The end could be "tih mae" though the "tih" could very easily just be the end of a longer word however. The rest I can't really make out what word he is using or if it even resembles anything we have seen yet.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:53:35 pm by ingsve »
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
Re: First example of spoken dothraki.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:36:08 am »
Sounds to me like [mamaquervefimorietihmai]. No idea how to segment that, though.

Jenny

• View Profile
    • Na'vi Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:27:30 am »
So cool! I'm so excited  ;D

Jenny

• View Profile
    • Na'vi Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:27:22 am »
Another example:
Game Of Thrones: Costumes (HBO)

7:28-7:40  :)
ath-jahak-ar

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »
We have a few more clips from the first episode. Especially note the clip where Dany meets Drogo and how Illyrio butchers a few dothraki words. http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/13/watch-5-new-game-of-thrones-clips-video/

The first thing he says is clearly athchomar chomakea, Khal vezhven. The second sentence is a little more unclear. I sounds sort of like "ajji allahaan ajjilat" or something like that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:19:43 pm by ingsve »
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly