Author Topic: The Atlas of the Dothraki  (Read 17718 times)

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
Re: The Atlas of the Dothraki
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 07:48:21 am »
Hoorah! My computer is back and I can start the creative process once again! An updated .docx will be added to this post as soon as I organize everything.

Disclaimer: All of this content is fan made material and does not claim to be apart of the canon universe established in the Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire franchise.  The work here will not be published or sold for monetary gain, and thus does not violate any of the copyright claims and trademarks that HBO, Bantam Books, or any other company have in the franchise.
My name means butt swarm

Khal_Qana

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 11:02:11 am »
Story Ideas:

• creation story
-major characters: vezhven, shekh and jalan
  • creation of mankind (canon story)
-major characters: vezhven, mai krazaaj
  • how our ancestors became the dothraki (drafted)
-major characters:the first dothraki
  • the butterfly and the flower (drafted)
-major characters: butterfly, flower, tree, Rhakko, Dothrak
-moral: do not be weak
  • the dragon of the red waste*
-major characters: the white dragon
  • why some men become ghosts
-moral: do not be weak
  • the khal of sheep (storyboard created)
-major characters: Jiwa, khal oqet
-moral: do not be deceived
  • qofi and the grass arrow (storyboard created)
-major characters: Qofi, rhaek, Jiwa
-moral: do not be boastful when you cannot prove your bragging
  • Lajak Gorj ma zhavvorsa (finished)
-major characters: khalakki, Lajak Gorj, the town, the dragon
  • the giant and the mountain (storyboard created)
-major characters: the giant, the mountain, Chanshi, Jalan
  • why arakhs are curved
  • The princess and her suitor
-major characters: the princess, Chanshi (in the form of a man)
  • the horse and the lion
-major character: the horse, the lion
-moral: horses are better than lions
  • the old man of the hills
-moral: do not trust strange old men
  • the leather scorpion
  • braidless (storyboard created)**
-major characters: the shamed warrior, the princess, the ko, the son of the ko
  • the braid the size of the river
-major characters: the great warrior, Rhakko
-moral: do not think yourself better than the universe
  • mahrazhkem ma chiorikem
-major characters: mahrazhkem, chiorikem, Chanshi

*this will be the story of Daenerys, in the period of time from Khal Drogo's funeral to reaching Qarth when she wandered the Red Waste with her hundred or so Dothraki.  It was made by one of the old men in the khalasari, and is considered a very recent and risque story within Dothraki society.

**this will be the story from the failed Dothraki opera I tried to write this summer.  I like the story but became disinterested in writing a whole opera, so it's being reallocated

these stories will be written and finished this week, and then next week I'll put them on the forum to be edited. Thanks!

Disclaimer: All of this content is fan made material and does not claim to be apart of the canon universe established in the Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire franchise.  The work here will not be published or sold for monetary gain, and thus does not violate any of the copyright claims and trademarks that HBO, Bantam Books, or any other company have in the franchise.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:08:34 am by Choyosor »
My name means butt swarm

Khal_Qana

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 12:01:47 pm »
Alright the word document is not working, but I am able to get a link to share a google doc.  It isn't my preferred method of sharing documents, but I guess I gotta live with it for now.  All the information I have so far has been organized and revised into a nice list of events.  A topic I haven't written about is left as a bullet point, but topics I have written on begin with a bold title.  Some titles have a side-note to it that will let me know what I have to do with it.

GOOGLE DOC LINK
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eOVPDS1NNw2dr83ZEG7a6CGggZMTxs37MV5ewgred-s/edit?usp=sharing

Disclaimer: All of this content is fan made material and does not claim to be apart of the canon universe established in the Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire franchise.  The work here will not be published or sold for monetary gain, and thus does not violate any of the copyright claims and trademarks that HBO, Bantam Books, or any other company have in the franchise
My name means butt swarm

Khal_Qana

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 05:51:39 pm »
Wow I've been gone for far too long, and I'm not sure I can make many promises in being able to keep up often with the vast array of back projects I need to do before getting back to this one.  However, I'm certainly not going to be leaving the community and will one day be regularly active again. I just don't know when that will be.

In the mean time, I will just be reporting that I have added Reuben22's calendar and birth sign system to Atlas Dothraki. Please read through it all, it was as fascinating as it was in depth and I applaud the effort put into it.

Until the next time I can post, Hajas!

Disclaimer: All of this content is fan made material and does not claim to be apart of the canon universe established in the Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire franchise.  The work here will not be published or sold for monetary gain, and thus does not violate any of the copyright claims and trademarks that HBO, Bantam Books, or any other company have in the franchise
My name means butt swarm