Author Topic: IRC chats among ourselves  (Read 33902 times)

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: IRC chats among ourselves
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »
Where do you all hang to chat?

On the IRC. irc.dothraki.org/dothraki

Why is it that I still can't get on that thing!?
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2012, 10:12:48 pm »
Where do you all hang to chat?

On the IRC. irc.dothraki.org/dothraki

Why is it that I still can't get on that thing!?

Hmm, that seems strange. What client are you using? I use chatzilla plugin for Firefox and I have no problems connecting. Once you start the client you connect with "/attach irc.dothraki.org/dothraki"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:15:17 pm by ingsve »
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 01:52:32 am »
If you have never used IRC before, there is a little bit of a learning curve at first. IRC works quite differently than most other internet apps out there.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 07:20:46 pm »
Yeah! We're back up! I'm on chat. Where is everyone?! Miss you all!

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 09:09:19 pm »
I had missed tthat the site was back online or I would have been back on IRC.

Let's see if we can find a time this week for a reunion chat so that we don't have to wait for next week. I should be available the regular time any day this week.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 05:57:18 am »
Wheee! We're back. Have been for a few days, apparently. Slow reaction time, sorry.
With any luck I'll be on the IRC monday, but before that probably won't show up much anywhere. Summer's keeping me almost busy.

Dothras chek. Me allayafa anni, jin athshilar fini ajada.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2012, 07:04:49 pm »
Aww! I missed you all yesterday! :(

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2012, 12:59:30 am »
We missed you, too!

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:07 pm »
Should the server be up or is it down due to recent off-time? I have changed a computer (and from irssi to chatzilla, for the moment), so it might be I'm just doing something wrong, but it seems I manage to connect to other servers, but not to irc.dothraki.org. Will puzzle the issue for a couple of more minutes.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 06:27:54 pm »
Should the server be up or is it down due to recent off-time? I have changed a computer (and from irssi to chatzilla, for the moment), so it might be I'm just doing something wrong, but it seems I manage to connect to other servers, but not to irc.dothraki.org. Will puzzle the issue for a couple of more minutes.

The IRC is down it seems. It hasn't come back after the site went down after an issue with GoDaddy about renewal of the domainname. I've gone through the Na'vi chat to try and get a hold of Payoang that own the domain to see if it can be fixed soon.

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »
Alright. Today's chat is probably cancelled, then, though. Sigh. Be seeing you the next week, hopefully.

Daenerys

• Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:42 pm »
Miss you all! Hope the situation is fixed soon and we will all be together next week!

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2012, 12:27:09 am »
I had the opportunity to chat with Payoang and Toruk Makto at AvatarMeet this weekend. And, I think I have generally good news to report!

I think we have finally seen the last of the problems that have been plaguing the Dothraki.org site the last few months.

Payoang had inadvertently forgotten to renew the Dothraki.org domain name, and this turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Because of GoDaddy's really poor track record of customer service, Payoang transferred Dothraki.org to a much more reliable domain hosting service. GoDaddy, not surprisingly, did not want to lose the business. So, they hung onto the pointer records for as long as they could before turning them over to the new domain host. Once that happened (last Thursday, I think), the site started to work again. It will take a few tweaks to get IRC working again, but after that I do not foresee any problems for a long time.

As far as the Learnnavi server itself, Toruk Makto took me on a brief 'tour' of the server. It is a far better server than the previous server, and is set to handle all the traffic that GoT and Avatar sequels can ever hope to throw at it. (He also showed me how complex the dictionary backend really is!) It is also going to be slaved through a direct connection to another server that will cause a backup of the system every hour! The server is also located where Toruk Makto can get to it in less than an hour, should there be any further problems. I don't think even a Khalasar (or the RDA) can take this thing out! The long and short of it is, that I don't see the kind of problems we have been experiencing happening again. Toruk Makto iss deeply committed to the vision of Learnna'vi and this server (and by extension, Dothraki), and is happy to continue hosting us for the foreseeable future!

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2012, 03:13:04 pm »
The IRC is now back online.

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »
David tweeted that he won't be able to make the chat today since he is busy with the conlangery podcast.