Learn Dothraki > Dothraki Language Updates

The Dictionary Thread

(1/24) > >>

Lajaki:
Well, here we go.

Post updates that ought to go into the dictionary here. This thread is also for comments, suggestions, damnations, praises, requests to translate, and all that jazz. I'll post in here when I make updates.

The current version is 3.11, dated January 23rd, 2016

The Dothraki Dictionary
The English to Dothraki Dictionary

(Note; Hrakkar took over the majority of the editing work on the dictionary from our beloved Lajaki, in September of 2011. Lajaki continues to provide technical advice and help when needed, and he is always welcome here!)

ingsve:
Seems like I had missed to post some pronounciation modifiers that was revealed in the first chat.

For example after a q there is a vowel change.
/i/ > [e]; /e/ > [E]; /o/ > [O ]; /a/ > [A] / q_

Also he said that kh will float around a bit. It will be more palatal before front vowels.

I guess the vowel changes can be easily updated though I'm not sure about what exact sound he means that kh changes into. It's a bit vaguely stated. Possibly he means ç or something like that.

Lajaki:
Ho boy. That'll be fun to update, haha.

So...

/i/ > [e]
/e/ > [ɛ]
/o/ > [ɔ]
/a/ > [ɑ]

Right?

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Lajaki on April 06, 2011, 05:46:48 am ---Ho boy. That'll be fun to update, haha.

So...

/i/ > [e]
/e/ > [ɛ]
/o/ > [ɔ]
/a/ > [ɑ]

Right?

--- End quote ---

You tell me...I just copied what David wrote and you know pholonoly a lot better than me.

Lajaki:
Hmm, right.

It's probably written in X-SAMPA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Speech_Assessment_Methods_Phonetic_Alphabet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version