Author Topic: What these Dothraki sentences look like in Dothraki alphabet?  (Read 7102 times)

layalbarak

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Yer jalan atthirari anni. Haz nesak anha disse, ma anha zigerok nesat vos alikh. Ma hash jini atthirarido, hash anha vaddrivak mahrazhes fin kis vallatha anna.

“You are the Moon of my Life. That is all I know, and all I need to know. And if this is a dream, I will kill the man who tries to wake me.”

Yer jalan atthirari anni.

"You are the Moon of my life."

Shekh ma shieraki anni

"My sun and stars."

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: What these Dothraki sentences look like in Dothraki alphabet?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 12:29:18 pm »
Dothraki are illiterate. There's no in-world writing system for the language. We use roman alphabet and Peterson's ortography. There are a few alternative writing systems developed - two actually by me - but they don't have much weight behind them. There isn't even any one definite unofficial system, let alone an offial one. http://www.dothraki.com/2012/07/a-dothraki-alphabet/ is AFAIK the only complete one that's not based on any real-world writing system.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

KingAlanI

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What these Dothraki sentences look like in Dothraki alphabet?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »
I have enough trouble translating when using the Latin alphabet, so I haven't investigated any Dothraki scripts.