Author Topic: PDF Compilation of my YouTube lessons  (Read 5115 times)

sunquan8094

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
PDF Compilation of my YouTube lessons
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:15:48 pm »
M'ath, zhey eyak.
I have uploaded a PDF compilation of my YouTube tutorials. It is still being updated at the time of post. It is free to download. Here it is: www.scribd.com/doc/127718899/Lekh-Dothraki
Dothras chek.

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: PDF Compilation of my YouTube lessons
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:43:01 am »
Looking good. The wiki is so much about gathering information as much as we can, that it isn't very tutorially oriented, so I think this (as well as the original Youtube videos) should be really helpful and much more welcoming.
I gotta give the whole compilation a good read-through, but it seems that there are some skipped details and perhaps some questionable presentations on murkier points of the language - some of course inherited from the wiki, which as well is far from perfect. I don't think this is a big problem, but might be aknowledged clearly on the foreword.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:32:05 am »
The other to-do project is to create some sort of reference grammar, which I was going to attempt (linguistic noob that I am) about 18 months ago. In response to this idea, short-lived forum member (Brabent) did a wiki compilation which was intended to be a start of a reference grammar. We have learned an awful lot since, and the wiki, although still far from perfect, is indeed much better.

I will read through Sunquan's tutorial as well, and give some thoughts. But this is something that is badly needed, so, athdavrazar, zhey Sunquan!
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:55 am »
I just had a chance to look this document over. Words cannot express how delighted I am with the fine job you have done on this document, zhey Sunquan!
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)