Author Topic: plqaD Dothraki  (Read 5681 times)

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
plqaD Dothraki
« on: January 16, 2017, 03:22:35 pm »
Time for transliteration from conlang to conlang! Today I use the klingon alphabet and adapt it into to the sounds of Dothraki. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a decent online keyboard for plqaD, so the romanization will be used in place of the orthography.

a - A
ch - Ch
D - D
e - E
p - F
ng - G
H - H
I - I
j - J
q - K
H' - Kh
l - L
m - M
n - N
o - O
Q - Q
r - R
S - S
S' - Sh
t - T
tlh - Th
v - V
w - W
y - Y
gh - Z
gh'- Zh

Foot notes:
-p is used for the /f/ sound because the klingon p is actually a bilabial affricate and contains a similar /f/ sound at the end of it
-ng is used for the /g/ sound because both are voiced sounds produced from the velar region
-the ' is often used as a modifier of a symbol, and not necessarily the glottal stop itself (similar to yod used in the last transliteration, or h in english). It effects H, S, and gh, and makes the /kh/,/sh/, and /zh/ sounds
-tlh is used for the /th/ sound because both are represented with a "t" heading in their romanized forms
-gh is used for the /z/ sound for the sole reason of that they are both voiced fricatives

Example:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Avvirsae id ha mahrazhaan, ma me vafazhie vi asshekhaan. Avvirsae mahrazhes, ma me vafazhie vi athiraraan moon ei.
avvIrSae ID Ha maHragh'aan, ma me vapagh'Ie vI aSS'eH'aan.  avvIrsae maHragh'eS,  ma me vapagh'Ie vI atlhIraraan moon eI.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:59:01 pm by Choyosor »
My name means butt swarm