Author Topic: Translation...help me pls  (Read 5998 times)

muiredh

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Translation...help me pls
« on: October 02, 2016, 04:15:36 am »
Hi Guys, :)

can someone tell me what he is talking about? ???

I use different dictionary..but i can't understand his debate.

uargh why is it so difficult...i need more practice...obviously :-[

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pm93apd2hb4gl2/ein%20riffliges%20kn%C3%A4tsel.wav?dl=0

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
Re: Translation...help me pls
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:40:43 pm »
Idk what language that was but it definitely wasn't Dothraki
My name means butt swarm

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:22:21 am »
Certainly not Naʼvi.
It has some elements that are Klingon-like, but it is almost certainly not Klingon, either.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:32:34 pm »
I'm going to guess Klingon based on the phonology used in the audio.

Klingon has a very unique phonetic inventory, and many of its sounds are not anything close to that of Dothraki. While Dothraki focuses on sounds used from the Alveolar to Velar range of the mouth, Klingon is focused around the bilabial, velar, and uvular range.

For example, the way this person pronounces "Dothraki" (17 seconds in) is a distinct transliteration into Klingon phonology; sounding more like [ɖo.'tʰɣɑ.qʰɪ] than the proper Dothrakian [doθ.'ɾa.ki]

Not only this, but some sounds used in this recording don't even exist in Dothraki. 8 seconds into the recording, the speaker says something like [mɑ.tʰɪ.bɾo.ɖɪ.qʰɑ] (loosely translated and based on my interpretation of the sounds).  The voiced bilabial plosive, or the [ b ] sound, is never used in Dothraki, and there are no sounds in Dothraki that use aspiration, but are used twice in that little sound clip.  Some sounds used do appear in Dothraki, but only in special circumstances.  The open back unrounded vowel, [ɑ], and the near close near front unrounded vowel, [ɪ], only appear after the unvoiced uvular plosive, [q], but here they appear after the voiced bilabial nasal, the unvoiced aspirated alveolar plosive, and the unvoiced aspirated uvular plosive.

All of these evidences point to Klingon, so I suggest finding a few Klingon speakers to help you out.  :)

Choyosor
My name means butt swarm