Author Topic: Teamspeak or similar?  (Read 9402 times)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
Teamspeak or similar?
« on: November 27, 2011, 06:40:05 am »
I know it has been suggested before that we should set up a TeamSpeak server or some other system so that people can talk to each other and thus get some practice in speaking Dothraki as well and not just read and write.

Does anyone know how to setup a TeamSpeak server? Perhaps someone has experience of it from Na'vi? If not then what other alternatives could we use?
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teamspeak or similar?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:35:50 pm »
I would talk to Payoang or lajaki. This should be easy to do, because the TS server already exists on this server due to Na'vi.

I would much prefer this to IRC. I recently learned that it is blocked at the University firewall level, and I am going to have to purchase an application to use it on my work netbook.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

ochristi

• I am just cleaning up here.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:23:42 am »
Hi, currently the TS server of learnnavi is hosted by Seze, I have not seen him for more than a week, but I am pretty sure we can arrange something. :)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 05:26:04 am »
We have now created a channel on the Learn Na'vi Teamspeak server. You can find out how to connect to the server here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/website-info/if-i-was-to-host-a-teamspeak-server/
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:33:59 am »
hahh. I'll sure try to participate, though the idea of real time audio conversation makes me a bit uncomfortable. ...And it might take some time before I manage to rig a mic to my computer.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 12:15:45 pm »
hahh. I'll sure try to participate, though the idea of real time audio conversation makes me a bit uncomfortable. ...And it might take some time before I manage to rig a mic to my computer.

Hehe, you certainly are finnish. There is no denying that...

ochristi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »
You will soon quite understand how the people at learnnavi felt in the beginning. It surely requires a bit more of “courage”, not sure if that is the right word. ;) But it was possible to overcome that and make active learning groups.

Also good news, I got a response, with a green light, from Seze. :)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 01:57:57 pm »
It will certainly be interesting to see if I can converse comfortably with a Swede and a Finn. This is what happens when you don't take any foreign languages when you are young...
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Havazhyol

• Athdrivar vos annakhoo !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 07:45:59 am »
M'ath !

I dig another long forgotten topic (I reaaally feel like a pain in the *ss for the admin),
but this idea interests me a lot, for practicing my dothraki speech in another way than dumbly repeating Momoa's lines, or in front of the prononciation video of Lajaki on Youtube (which rock the house btw).

Is this still available? (and on european time sched?)

Again, sorry to play the Undigger. (... and this last word sounds like a kick ass nickname ;D )

Hajas !
I'm back !!

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:25 am »
Ya, I think it is though I haven't logged onto it in a long time. It never really took off.