Author Topic: Wiki info compilation  (Read 6222 times)

Brabent

• dothrakhqoyi
    • View Profile
Wiki info compilation
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:26:24 pm »
So I compiled the Tutorials, numbers and the Grammar all into one file so I could reference them all without flipping back and forth on the wiki, if anyone would like a copy of the compilation I'll get it posted on here soon (the file is too big to post and the Word document is on my school computer, can't access it from home to, split it in two to make the size manageable)
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." -- Jojen Reed

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki info compilation
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:02:44 pm »
I would very much like to see what you have put together. (I was planning to do something very similar, but a surprisingly stringent lack of free time has prevented it so far). You can use the email address on my profile; I can accept large files at that address.

Thanks!
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Brabent

• dothrakhqoyi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 11:29:20 am »
Here's part one of three file size was just a bit too big to make it two parts unfortunately
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." -- Jojen Reed

Brabent

• dothrakhqoyi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:29:43 am »
here's part 2

Brabent

• dothrakhqoyi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:31:58 am »
and finally part 3
remember all this is, is a compilation of what others have posted into the wiki, I compiled it all so i could have it in one offline space, beyond that none of the work that went into this was my own.
i very much appreciate the work that those others did do though and hope they'll like this idea (also if anyone is interested send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a PDF file and/or the original word document, non fragmented)

Brabent

• dothrakhqoyi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:49:51 pm »
Just realized that the word document I used wasn't up to date for some reason, didn't have the three tutorial pages that are on the wiki, well here they are now.

By the way if people are interested in the PDF of all this i could try to post it somewhere so it can be downloaded (or it can be added to the wiki page if the admins are ok with that) i put this PDF on my nook e-reader and it works pretty well, its quite convenient for studying on the go ^^

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 04:47:24 pm »
A mechanism to post these sorts of documents exists on this server, as there are some LearnNavi documents updated this way. This is an excellent question for Insgive, or if you can catch hjim, Lajaki.

But yea, this is a really good thing to have because the wiki is not fun to navigate when you need to locate something quickly, or do it offline. And if you are willing to commit to keeping this up to date, I'll drop my plans to create a document like this, and concentrate on keeping the dictionary up-to-date.

If worse comes to worse, I have a place this can be hosted. The challenge is making it freely available to you for when you want to do upgrades.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Brabent

• dothrakhqoyi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 04:53:48 pm »
yeah I'll do what I can to keep it up to date and will definitly incorporate anything people suggest to make it even more helpful where I can I'll send a PM to Lajaki and/or Insgive to see if they can help out getting it posted

Brabent

• dothrakhqoyi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BwLu6ARf28DVMzgyMjYwZTMtOWQ5ZS00YTc0LWExYmUtMjUwYTA0ZjFmNWMy&hl=en

Insgve suggested posting on Google docs, didn't think of that xD  so here it is, this may just be temporary we'll see what happens