Learn Dothraki > Beginners

Where to start learning Dothraki?

<< < (2/2)

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Kaleci on June 10, 2011, 11:31:24 pm ---
I know this may be a dumb question but I was wondering what the word Kaleci ment. I dont know if I spelled the word right but I cant seem to find it and Iv heard it on the show several times. I thought that was Drogos wifes name till I learned it wasnt... If anyone knows please let me know what the meaning is. I love the word and the sound of it so I used it as my main username..

--- End quote ---

The word is Khaleesi. It is the word that is used for the wife of a Khal. A loose translation would be something like queen or princess.

Khaleesi:
Thanks so much I have to say thats been one of my favorite words since the show started. I just love the way it sounds coming out of there mouth. I have tried looking it up but i knew i had to be spelling it wrong then i came across your site where u were on cam and teaching ppl how to speak in dothraki so i knew u were the right guy to ask. Again thanks so much...

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Khaleesi on June 11, 2011, 03:35:37 am ---Thanks so much I have to say thats been one of my favorite words since the show started. I just love the way it sounds coming out of there mouth. I have tried looking it up but i knew i had to be spelling it wrong then i came across your site where u were on cam and teaching ppl how to speak in dothraki so i knew u were the right guy to ask. Again thanks so much...

--- End quote ---

Well, actually the guy in the videos is Lajaki but he has taken a step back from running this place since he has so much to do with his studies.

You should also know that they often slightly mispronounce the word on the show. You often hear them say it with a /k/-sound in the beginning but /Kh/ is pronounced like the /ch/ is Bach or loch or l'chaim. In episode 8 there are a couple places where the pronounciation is more correct.

Darth Valcron:
There should be a little class via online. so we are learning at once and helping each other. This language could be much bigger than we expect. why not treat it as such... for the people who are willing to learn

DothrakiFan:
If you have any difficulties about Dothraki words you might want to try an iOS application which is DothEn. It works perfect for me. I think it is worth to buy it. If you want to check it follow the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dothen/id946249015

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version