Information > Announcements

David Peterson in Reno!

(1/2) > >>

Hrakkar:
David Peterson will be in Reno, Nevada this week for the World Science Fiction convention!

Although I haven't looked at the program yet, I have been told he is giving a number of presentations, most of them on Dothraki. One of these is supposedly a workshop on the Dothraki language! I plan to attend as many of these as I can, and I will report back here what I have learned.

So at Worldcon, I will be dabbling in Na`vi, Klingon and Dothraki (and who knows what else!). Looks like it is going to be an intense week!

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Hrakkar on August 14, 2011, 12:53:40 am ---David Peterson will be in Reno, Nevada this week for the World Science Fiction convention!

Although I haven't looked at the program yet, I have been told he is giving a number of presentations, most of them on Dothraki. One of these is supposedly a workshop on the Dothraki language! I plan to attend as many of these as I can, and I will report back here what I have learned.

So at Worldcon, I will be dabbling in Na`vi, Klingon and Dothraki (and who knows what else!). Looks like it is going to be an intense week!

--- End quote ---

Cool, didn't know anyone from here was attending.

Hrakkar:
I  have learned that George R.R. Martin will be at Worldcon as well!

David's main talk on Dothraki is on Thursday at 3 PM, if any reading this are near/at Worldcon. David is appearing in quite a number of activities, all of which I am planning to attend.

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Hrakkar on August 17, 2011, 09:05:17 am ---I  have learned that George R.R. Martin will be at Worldcon as well!

David's main talk on Dothraki is on Thursday at 3 PM, if any reading this are near/at Worldcon. David is appearing in quite a number of activities, all of which I am planning to attend.

--- End quote ---

Cool. See if you can get a talk with him as well. Shouldn't be too hard during the work shop unless it gets really full.

Edit: I told David that you were going to be there and he said to come find him. He'll be on site starting tomorrow.

Hrakkar:
Thank you for 'greasing the slides', Insgive!

I did indeed meet David today, who, as  a result of what you told him, knew about me. I also met a number of other active members of the Language Creation Society. We all ended up having a nice dinner together, and got to know each other better. In addition to an interest in constructed languages and linguistics, David share a common interest in baseball, and are fans of the Green Bay Packers!

Tomorrow is 'linguistics day' at the convention, with at least three panels on the subject. One of these is specifically about Dothraki. The one I am really looking forward to is a three hour workshop where you will actually construct a language!

George R.R. Martin has a book reading tomorrow as well, but I am not sure which of his many books he will be reading from. He is doing a book signing as well, but it is at the same time as the Dothraki program :-( (I'm sure there will be some other opportunity to get an autograph, and that isn't really that important, anyway.)

David also gave me a new word, with permission to share with the community, and that will be posted in 'Language updates'!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version