Author Topic: Conversations in Dothraki  (Read 17047 times)

nizzy01

• View Profile
    • my tumblr
Conversations in Dothraki
« on: May 10, 2015, 02:11:22 am »
UPDATE:
Kaltxì ma frapo! or Athchomar chomakea!

(...) I have installed the word description modification (the maroon text). 8)
Just hoover your mouse on it and the translation/hidden text will be shown. :)

The synthax is:
[desc=text or translation]text[/desc]
text

In the editor, there is also a button for it, of course:

EDIT: And now also a spoiler mod 8) :
[spoiler=Text]Text[/spoiler]

ADMIN NOTE: Unlike LearnNavi, this board does not support the desc or spoiler tag. I am looking into why this is so, and will try to get it fixed. So, this means, if you post an English (or other language) translation of what you wrote in Dothraki, you will have to post it in the clear.  Posting a translation is optional, but it does help other learners!  Also, please post untranslatable words in curly braces {  }, rather than braces, as braces are used to denote BB code.

This is a thread for talking in Dothraki, just so we can get a bit of practise with it. Feel free to put words that don't have a Dothraki translation yet like {this}. Also, feel free to correct other people's Dothraki in English under what you're saying in Dothraki so we can all learn from each other.

I guess I'll start then…

M'athchomaroon. Hash yer dothrae chek?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:44:41 am by Titstewan »

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: Conversations in Dothraki
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 11:01:37 am »
M'athchomaroon! Anha ishish. Anha nemo anneva, majin anha chafak. Anha kis ezok kirekosi frakhok haji athjeraroon. Ei jini meshi anhaan. Astolates yeri. Hash yer dothrae chek?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:51:34 am by Qvaak »
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

nizzy01

• View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 09:33:21 am »
Anha vo dothrok chek. Atthirar chonga ma anha sekke hagak.

Sorry, I'm still pretty new to Dothraki, I've been learning for about a week and I know about 50 words, but unfortunately very few of those 50 words came up in what you said. I thought with using the dictionary and the wiki I'd be able to work out what you said, but I'm still not really sure what you said, can I have a translation please?

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 01:48:58 pm »
Yer asti k'athjilari. Atthirar laz ittee vojis k'athostari fini gera atherinaroon. Anha zalak melekh dothraki adavrae yeraan. Ezolat lekhes vilajero esina, majin me'sh azha athmithrar.

Earlier: Hiya. I'm so-and-so. I've left myself sitting, and so am a mercenary. I'm trying to find out how I feel about trading. That is all new to me. Let's talk about you. How are you doing?
Work related vocab is scarce. I even suspect one of the few words we have, thikh, is actually just misrecorded tikh. Much of the meanings we'd need in modern framework probably just don't exist in Dothraki culture. I appreciate the option for bracketed English words, but nevertheless feel it's better for me to find ways to say things within the vocab we have where at all possible. This does lead to some added complexity in sentences, though, which can be kinda bad - or maybe even good?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:15:23 am by Qvaak »
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 01:47:02 pm »
Zhey Qvaak, there is really nothing wrong with doing that. When they did this on the Na'vi forums, the users quickly determined that the initial rules were not the optimal rules and adapted. There was a little fuss, but everyone eventually got over with it. I expect this thread to adapt in a similar manner. Although I tried to borrow the best ideas from the Na'vi conversation thread, there's always a chance it isn't perfect. If we can get the 'desc' BBcode tag working, it will be possible to do what you describe, and see a translation by just hovering your mouse pointer over the word.

Another interesting feature now on the Na'vi forums is the ability to easily put an audio recording of what you said in the message. Considering that Dothraki is a spoken language, this would be a good future addition here, as well. The media framework we need to do it is already here, but is sldom used.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Alizia

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:30 am »
M'atchomaroon !

Hake anni Alizia, akkelenak ma Carina. Anha fonok voj rek astolae Dothraki lekhmove.

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 08:20:03 pm »
M'ath, zhey Alizia. Fini yer zali astolat? Affinoon yer shil rhaesheseres haji Vilajeroshoon Adori?

Alizia

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »
(Just to be sure that my traduction is correct : "Hello, Alizia. What do you want to talk about ? Since when do you know Games of Thrones ?)

Ahna zalak astolat qisi ei che vosi. Anha nesak arrekoon chisen jalan qoyi.

Asshilas yera, zhey Qvaak. Affinoon yer asto Dothraki ?

(Please correct me if I have made a mistake^^)

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 05:20:48 am »
M'ath! Hakesi ido anni Choyosor, vosma hakesi tawak anni Connor. Anha nesak Alizia ha davrakhoon Memrise, ma kisha vasteraki she Skype sekke. Anha zalak shilolat san voji ma vasterak ma okeosoa.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:19:11 pm by Choyosor »
My name means butt swarm

Reuben22

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 05:15:07 pm »
M'ath! Hake anni Reuben. Anha thirak mra Brooklyn. Anha ray nesoy Dothraki m'anha disse. Hash voj loy thira mra NYC, anha vizalak shilolat m'astolat niyanqoy. Hash vos, me chek akka. Hash voji zin jinne?

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 05:46:55 pm »
Athchomar chomakaan! Hakesi anhoon Choyosor, m'anha astok dothraki akka. Anha vo thirak mra Brooklyn, anha thirak mra Minneapolis. Davrakh sash avekha qisi, finne yer laz vasteri ma vojoa eshna ha vaesoon yeri. Hakesi mae Amikumu, ma yer laz ei kickstarter hajisaan https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1770123604/amikumu-the-app-to-use-languages-with-people-near

Yer laz vasteri ma anhoon she Skype akka. Hakesi skype anni "foshizzlemynizzleyodrizzle"

Hajas!
My name means butt swarm

Alizia

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 03:53:38 am »
M'ath Reuben !

Hakesi anhoon Alizia, yer laz vasteri ma anhoon she Skype akkate : alizia.kaline

PS : I have a new computer Choyosor, we can speak now  8)

Reuben22

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 03:16:16 pm »
San athchomari, zhey Choyosor ma Alizia. Anha vo mra qora Skype ajjin vosma anha viyanqak maan! Hakesi tawak anhoon Tihirizh. Anha layafak ezat vojji eshna ma astolat Dothraki! Anha viyanqak Skype silokh.

Reuben22

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »
M'ath! Anha fonay ha kashiaan neak.* Vosma anha zin zalak astolat mra yeri she Skype firesof sash!

*(I am hunting for a long time = busy with work)