Learn Dothraki > Dothraki Language Updates

Words with unknown translation

(1/2) > >>

ingsve:
Here is a list I have of words that have appeared in some context that we yet don't know the english translation of. At some places we have a guess but without confirmation of those guesses I will still keep them on the list. Some words are known as a phrase or expression but the litteral meaning of the words are unclear. This post will be updated as we learn more.

aheshke jada   unknown
arrek
edavrasao   Unknown conjugation of davrasar=to be useful. Could mean some form of ”good"
eyel   unknown
goshok   am sure ?
ilek         unknown
kasha   unknown
rikhoya   unknown infinitive is rikhoy probably an adjective
varthasoe    unknown
vorsas   unknown

Lajaki:
Looks good Ingsve.

Thanks for keeping tabs on this stuff. I've been way too busy lately. I should probably update the dictionary at some point with these.

ShadowedSin:
Nice do we have a way to tell the noun and verb roots yet?

ingsve:

--- Quote from: ShadowedSin on February 07, 2011, 03:27:27 pm ---Nice do we have a way to tell the noun and verb roots yet?

--- End quote ---

Not completely. Looking at a lot of words it's possible to identify some of the affixes but we don't really have confirmation on anything like that yet. I'll do a post with what I think I have identified so far.

ingsve:
Edited the OP to remove two words that were revealed during the IRC chat. Firesof means year and anna is the accusative case of anhi i.e. anna means me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version