Learn Dothraki > Dothraki Language Updates

Dothraki Bible Translation

<< < (6/6)

Khal_Qana:
Haz mela sekke  :-\. Anha vo maril hoyal che as ha jalanaan (atak ishish!). Qisi Anha vannakhok skooles anni m'anha laz vejervak loy shiqethi ha vorsasoon

HoeriVezhof:
Sekosshi! Anha ray'th lir san astosori haji clas lekhi espaniaki majin vo ray nithi tat eshna vekhikh.

Khal_Qana:
I'm well rested from the editing (and working) I did yesterday, and now I have a whole morning and afternoon to take a crack at peer editing the chapters of Genesis you have so far. 

edit: I've been reading through your work on Genesis and I have to say your grammar is near perfect from what I can tell.  The only problems that I found were in a few points of grammatical structure.

1) when saying that someone has said something, ki is used to signify who the phrase is being spoken by.  However, the order of the words seems to be left unclear by DJP.  On the wiki page about verb conjugation, the example "Drogo ast ki '...'" is used, but in the short story Dorvi Zirome, DJP puts the order as "ast Dorvi ki '...'".  I changed it to the latter when editing.

2) The use of mra qora as a verb rather than a idiomatic phrase is a problem that I too had up until a couple weeks ago. Turns out, the structure goes; (possessor) possessed mra qora(aan/oon), with the possessor being optional if context permits.  That's just another thing to look out for.

back to editing!

Khal_Qana:
I'm going to have to apologize.

Due to the high volume of projects I laid upon myself, I'm going to have to stop peer editing this bible for the time being. Your work on this was fantastic, and most of this editing was correcting small spelling mistakes and double checking your vocabulary was consistent, but I'll have to put it down until I have everything in order.

Best of luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version