Learn Dothraki > Dothraki Language Updates

The dothraki language wiki site.

<< < (6/6)

Qvaak:
I find it easier to comment at the wiki discussion pages, but if that does not work for everyone, do discuss here too.

Daenerys:
Thanks! :)

The Wiki discussion page probably would work best.

Just an FYI: I still haven't finished posting all the categories. I did the work originally in Word.  Now, I am basically recreating tables and using copy and paste, so no doubt there will be some mistakes forthcoming. This is a very time consumptive past time. :) 

I just read the comments you made, zhey Qvaak, on the wiki. I'll respond quickly here as I still need to familiarize myself with the wiki editing tools.

I fixed the italics on "Hadaen". That was a typo.   

The numbers (1) etc., are there, as I wanted to indicate that the word had more than one meaning/definition attached to it and reference it back to the dictionary, but if you think they should be removed or if anyone has another suggestion to indicate the word has multiple meanings, let me know.

Regarding verb stems and case assignments, I am still trying to get my bearings there, so if anyone would like to take that on, please do, or I can try to tackle it after I finish posting the rest of the groupings.

Qvaak:

--- Quote ---Just an FYI: I still haven't finished posting all the categories. I did the work originally in Word.  Now, I am basically recreating tables and using copy and paste, so no doubt there will be some mistakes forthcoming. This is a very time consumptive past time.
--- End quote ---

Alright. Just tell us when it's done. I'll add a link to the Learning Dothraki page and Vocabulary already anyway.

--- Quote ---I fixed the italics on "Hadaen". That was a typo.
--- End quote ---

I'm still curious. Why the italization, what does it mean?

--- Quote ---The numbers (1) etc., are there, as I wanted to indicate that the word had more than one meaning/definition attached to it and reference it back to the dictionary, but if you think they should be removed or if anyone has another suggestion to indicate the word has multiple meanings, let me know.
--- End quote ---

Aye. I can see the sense in that. I think they might be removed, but don't remove them just because of me.

--- Quote ---Regarding verb stems and case assignments, I am still trying to get my bearings there, so if anyone would like to take that on, please do, or I can try to tackle it after I finish posting the rest of the groupings.
--- End quote ---

Yeah. No need to solve that before the page is finished. It seems even me and Ingsve are not totally at the same wave length concerning case assignments.

Qvaak:
Hey. I trust most of us have the book by now (shiny!). What do you think that should mean to the wiki? My initial thought was that it would not be right to copy stuff from the book to the wiki. Our wiki essentially exist to record and collect stuff in lack of a comprehensive official source. Now that I've read the book, I can say that there's little if anything completely new grammatical information. Some wiki stuff could probably be cleaned and clarified with careful comparison, and I think that probably would be OK, since wiki telling stuff confusingly or wrong isn't exactly good for anyone. I'm a bit sceptical if I'll end up doing the work, though. I'm just saying I support the idea.

But how about the vocab? There's certainly a handful of new words. Those I could add to the wiki's vocab page. I think the page (and the pdf version Hrakkar maintains) is still the most comprehensive word list, and it would IMHO be the right thing to do to keep it current.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version