Learn Dothraki > Dothraki Language Updates

The Dictionary Thread

<< < (2/24) > >>

Verak:

If this is not the correct place for me to post this then please move it.

It seems that The following things will need to be tracked in the dictionary as they are not predictable based on other rules.

* for NOUNS :: ANIMACY on an entry by entry basis (at least for animals)
* for PREPOSITIONS :: CASE MARKING
* for PRONOUNS :: CASE VARIATION (anha, anna, anni, anhaan, ___ / me, mae, ___, ___, ___) where irregular (if not always).Are there any irregular verbs yet?

What else am I missing?

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Verak on May 01, 2011, 08:54:43 pm ---
If this is not the correct place for me to post this then please move it.

It seems that The following things will need to be tracked in the dictionary as they are not predictable based on other rules.

* for NOUNS :: ANIMACY on an entry by entry basis (at least for animals)
* for PREPOSITIONS :: CASE MARKING
* for PRONOUNS :: CASE VARIATION (anha, anna, anni, anhaan, ___ / me, mae, ___, ___, ___) where irregular (if not always).Are there any irregular verbs yet?

What else am I missing?

--- End quote ---

No, I don't think I've seen any irregular verbs yet.

I verbs have been listed as transitive and intransitive also but I'm not sure what effect that has on grammar if any.

ingsve:
I just finished a big update of the dictionary. If anyone finds any mistakes or anything that looks weird let me know in this thread.

Hrakkar:
Now that there has been a changing of the guard regarding the dictionary, this would be a good time toi suggest assigning version numbers to the dictionary each time it is updated. As the version that was just updated today represents a major upgrade, maybe this would be the place to start with 1.0. Lajaki has a numbering scheme he used with LearnNavi's dictionary, and that might be good to adopt here as well.

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Hrakkar on May 23, 2011, 01:48:21 pm ---Now that there has been a changing of the guard regarding the dictionary, this would be a good time toi suggest assigning version numbers to the dictionary each time it is updated. As the version that was just updated today represents a major upgrade, maybe this would be the place to start with 1.0. Lajaki has a numbering scheme he used with LearnNavi's dictionary, and that might be good to adopt here as well.

--- End quote ---

Ya, that might be possible. How does that work? He just gave it a sligtly higher number for every little update? like if the current one was 1.0 then if I added a couple words it would be 1.01? And when would it switch to 2.0?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version