Author Topic: Hey everybody.  (Read 4632 times)

jo

• Just zis guy, you know?
    • View Profile
    • Personal blog.
Hey everybody.
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »
Athchomar chomakea.

I'm Joe.  I currently live in Richmond, Virginia, USA, and am primarily a student.  I wear a lot of hats, though:  I'm a teacher, tutorer, writer, musician, social developer, and entrepreneur.  I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get out of college, but I guess I'll figure it out.

I speak English natively and French at a near-native level and can navigate myself around a conversation in Esperanto.  I've looked (briefly) at the grammar structure of Dothraki and it seems easy enough, so I should be able to translate back and forth and offer some basic opinions on language, though I'm not sure if I want to actually attempt to acquire any sort of nativity in it.

Other than that, I'm slowly becoming a pretty big ASOIF fan (though I've only read the first three books) and am interested in most things nerd—I'm the vice president of my university's Science Fiction and Fantasy club.

I get really excited about things and like talking to people.  Astos anhaan!

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everybody.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:46:55 pm »
Hi there and welcome to the group! Great to meet you and see that we have so much in common.

I hope you enjoy the language and also check David's blog to see the latest comments about it: http://www.dothraki.com/

Do you have any messenger? Skype, Msn, Gtalk?
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey

jo

• Just zis guy, you know?
    • View Profile
    • Personal blog.
Re: Hey everybody.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 02:39:07 pm »
ingsve pointed me in the right direction, so I've been slowly working through the backlog of David's blog.  I'll have to check out the comments, though.

I'm always on Skype at thejoewoods and on the dothraki IRC channel if anyone wants to chat there too.