Author Topic: Triggered spam filter on wiki?  (Read 5491 times)

miriam

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Triggered spam filter on wiki?
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:05:01 pm »
Hey. I was hoping someone here could help me. I was trying to add the season 7 High Valyrian dialogue page to the Dothraki wiki since David Peterson has shared the dialogue from episode 2 on his blog. Apparently I triggered the spam filter when trying to add the page, and I'm now blocked from making any edits. Here is the edit I was trying to make:

Code: [Select]
What was actually said in the series diverges at times from what Peterson initially wrote for the dialogue, due to practical limitations of production process. What is presented here is at places closer to Peterson's writing than to the end result. You might take it as an idealised version.

== Dialogue ==

=== Episode 2 - ''[[wikipedia:Stormborn|Stormborn]]''===
* Grey Worm: '''Yn ilirí, nya dare. Me vohty mili hin Asshai o pindas m’odhir.''' ''"Forgive me, my queen. A red priestess from Asshai begs a word."''<ref name="DJP601">https://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/163414677489/valyrian-dialogue-episode-702-of-game-of-thrones</ref>
* Melisandre: '''Dārȳs Daenerys. Dohaeriros istin, sindita liortā, qilonta ozbartā. Riglose Belmot Pryjatys rhaenan.''' ''"Queen Daenerys. I was a slave once, bought and sold, scourged and branded. It is an honor to meet the Breaker of Chains."''<ref name="DJP601"/>
* Daenerys: '''Meli Voktyssy Mīrīni lyks mazverdagon beldis. Kesīr drējī jiorilaks. Skoroso jemele brōzia?''' ''"The Red Priests helped bring peace to Meereen. You are very welcome here. What is your name?"''<ref name="DJP601"/>
* Melisandre: '''Melisandrose brōziks.''' ''"I am called Melisandre."''<ref name="DJP601"/>
* Melisandre: '''Bosys bantis amāzis, se morghor zijomy amāzis. Meri kīvio dārilaros ōz maghagon kostas.''' ''"The long night is coming, and the dead come with it. Only the prince who was promised can bring the dawn."''<ref name="DJP601"/>
* Grey Worm: '''Mají.''' ''"Enter."''<ref name="DJP601"/>

== References ==
<references/>

It wasn't complete yet, but I was hoping to add to it further, particularly the small one line descriptions accompanying the quotes. Any idea why the filter might have triggered? Should I have not tried to create the page myself, or did I do something wrong? I'm not exactly experienced at editing wiki pages, so I apologise.

In any case, here is the blog entry: https://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/163414677489/valyrian-dialogue-episode-702-of-game-of-thrones . If someone else who knows what they're doing could add the page, that'd be great!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:07:49 pm by miriam »

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Triggered spam filter on wiki?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 01:51:42 pm »
Miriam, your contribution to the site is important and valuable, so first, Athchomar san yeraan!

I am trying to figure out what is going on here. I also experienced an interesting problem with the entire server this board sits on: It was locked out by IP address by the firewall at my workplace. Since there were other, unrelated sites locked out as well, it is likely a coincidence you experienced what you experienced. But I will look into it.

David has a nice Tumbl page. I love his scripts!
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 02:04:19 pm »
It looks like someone else posted dialogue, but it doesn't, at least at first blush, look like it matches David's blog or your attempt. Yet, I know who posted the dialogue, and I know him to be reliable. So, I'm not sure what is going on here. Obviously, you can see the forums. Can you see any other parts of the wiki?
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

miriam

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 12:52:14 am »
I received an email shortly after removing the ban on my account, so all is good. I saw someone already added the dialogue, so all is well :) Thank you!

Speaking of problems with the site, I also couldn't sign up on the forums at all. I had to contact the moderator by IRC and have them open an account for me. I only tried to sign up once, but it said I was being locked out as spam protection as I had triggered it due to multiple attempts. Probably an overly zealous spam protection system.