Author Topic: Admin Switch  (Read 7013 times)

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
Admin Switch
« on: May 23, 2011, 04:46:27 am »
I've been ridiculously busy these past few months, and it doesn't really show a sign of stopping, even though I graduated from Uni recently. Because of this, I've switched over the dictionary to Ingsve, who'll now be updating it. For all intents and purposes, Ingsve is pretty much the dude to go to and in charge of the Dothraki fanbase. Which makes sense, as he's worked damned hard on it. I'll still be around, helping out here and there, when I can, though. :)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
Re: Admin Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:37:59 am »
While I now have the access to update the dictionary (which is taking it's time), anyone who wants to help out with things is more than welcome to do so. The dictionary is just a small part of tracking the Dothraki language. To me the wiki is where most of the important things can be gathered and that also needs constant updates. I would especially appreciate anyone who is somewhat linguistically school to help out and make sure things are correct since my linguistics knowledge is pretty much centered around wikipedia and whatever I can remember from swedish and english lessons in school. But anyone with some time on their hands can lend a hand.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:38:30 pm »
I read with sadness the announcement over on LearnNavi about our beloved Taronyu (as known in that world) backing out over there as well. I hope all goes well for Richard/Lajaki/Taronyu and that he can find the time to come over here and enjoy these languages when he has the chance.

I can't even pretend to be a linguist. But if there is any way I can contribute to the development of this site or its various tools, I am interested.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 12:49:28 am »
I should be alright. I have some well funded options for the next couple of years, I just need to make sure I focus on what I should be focusing on. It's kind of nice, actually, I can already tell that I may end up focusing more on Dothraki and Na'vi as just fun and not as responsibilities. Thanks for the comments, though. :)