Author Topic: Back in the ring!  (Read 4336 times)

Havazhyol

• Athdrivar vos annakhoo !
    • View Profile
Back in the ring!
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:42:13 am »
M'athchomaroon!

It's been quite a long time, since I was able to come here (and take care of the french dictionnary  :-[ ).

How are you all going? Give me news!

I'm back !!

Caroline Targaryen

• My name is Caroline Targaryen
    • View Profile
Re: Back in the ring!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:41:27 am »
Trying to translated "Let It Go" into Dothraki or Valyrian.  They don't have certain words which is problematic words like the, and glows for example.

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:40:33 am »
DJP's Dothraki book is semi-recent and big news. Nizzy01 trying to start a conversation thread (http://forum.dothraki.org/beginners/conversations-in-dothraki/) is kinda recent too, and might not yet be dead - do try to participate! Old faces are fairly quiet, and wiki does not see much progress at Dothraki side currently, but when new people kick off some action, things do start happening.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Havazhyol

• Athdrivar vos annakhoo !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 06:21:13 am »
Sure will do, master Qvaak. And I'll pleasantly expect your fully detailed grammar corrections, as always  ;D

Caroline Targaryen :
good luck with your project. Some of us have translated some songs already, one from Queen, made as a translation test by Ingsve, if I recall correctly.
I tried to translate Nothing else matters, with many help from other Dothraki speackers here, including some tips from DJP (also tried some home made dothraki poetry).

I don't think I ever posted the results as I lost all data when my *hum* beloved smartphone (where I dumbfully kept everything without outside copy...) crashed and stopped working. Would be fun to get all those back, yet.

Anyway, do not seek for exact word-by-word translation. :-)
I'm back !!

Caroline Targaryen

• My name is Caroline Targaryen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 02:41:52 pm »
Hey guys sorry I haven't been translating too much or posting much.  I have not been able to get on the internet for a while and then finally on July 1st I was able to because it was the beginning of the month.  Problem was wifi GB were almost all used up so my parents didn't want me using the internet if I didn't have to.