Author Topic: Needing Help With Numbers  (Read 4331 times)

greygandalf

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Needing Help With Numbers
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:36 pm »
Hey guys, I understood how the "teens" work (fourteen, eighteen, etc...), but I don't know how to translate, for instance, 36. I would try "zhindachisen", the word for 6 followed by the word for 30, but I don't know if it's right or not. I searched for it, but I could find it nowere. Could you help me?
P.S.: Excuse any English mistakes. I'm Brazilian and I'm not the best with English...   :P
Thanks.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Needing Help With Numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 07:56:19 pm »
Hey guys, I understood how the "teens" work (fourteen, eighteen, etc...), but I don't know how to translate, for instance, 36. I would try "zhindachisen", the word for 6 followed by the word for 30, but I don't know if it's right or not. I searched for it, but I could find it nowere. Could you help me?
P.S.: Excuse any English mistakes. I'm Brazilian and I'm not the best with English...   :P
Thanks.

Numbers like 36 are formed from more than one word, using the coupler ma. For example, 36 is chisen ma zhinda or with contraction of ma, chisen m'zhinda (BTW, zhinda is one of my favorite words in Dothraki!)

Again, all things about numbers that we know are pretty much summed up here: http://www.dothraki.com/2011/10/numbers-numbers-everywhere/
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)