Author Topic: looking for a tudor :) fast learner!  (Read 5568 times)

Ezhiri

• Dothraki noob
    • View Profile
looking for a tudor :) fast learner!
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:03:13 pm »
As a Dothraki noob, I have been reading on how to conjugate verbs and I kind of need some help on this. With verbs that end in "at" like erinat (to be kind) for example. To change it into "I am kind" I would take off the suffix "at" and replace it with "ak" making the new word "erinak"

Is this so far correct?

And if so then to use it in s sentence would I say "Anha erinak?"

Also if anybody could kind of "tudor" me in pms i would be grateful. My son needs his mama so its hard for me to search through the wiki for answers to my questions. I am a fast learner, so I can practice with you once i get into the swing of things. Thanks :)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a tudor :) fast learner!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:07:38 pm »
Yes, that is correct.

As for a tutor I suggest you check out sunquan8094's youtube tutorial which goes trough all of the basics in a systematic way.

Dothraki Tutorial Lesson 0.5 - Epenthesis
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Ezhiri

• Dothraki noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »
Thank you! I tried to find youtube videos but only came across a few that weren't helpful.

Ezhiri

• Dothraki noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »
I would still like anybody willing to message me in PMs so I can practice with them. Anybody??

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 02:22:53 pm »
I can exchange a few personal messages, but I think I don't have capacity to offer a true private education experience. And my perspective is a bit askew as well, as I'm more into ponderous discussions than active learning/teaching. I can try to adjust.

I would also encourage you to just create a question thread on this "beginners" section. We don't have so much traffic that it would be any inconveniece, and even if the discussion would be very basic, it might still become a good reading for other beginners. Call it "Qvaak teaches Ezhiri", if you want to discourage comments from third parties  ;)

If people want to move to more interactive exchange than this forum accomodates, I think for me (an possibly for ingsve too?) the most comfortable teaching environment would be the IRC. Ingsve is pretty much always on the channel, and if awake and not terribly busy, he'll probably happily offer a little bit of teaching? I don't like to constantly hang around, but am summonable. Our usual weekly discussions (on mondays) are mostly get-togethers, and rarely proceed in very newbie friendly educational fashion. We talk about food and, if available, pester David Peterson for new information. But there has already been a lot of talk about setting up another, more European-friendly gathering time, and I think it would work well for me to make it more teaching-themed.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

sunquan8094

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:50:27 pm »
I'd be happy to help you, zhey Ezhiri. My email address is on my forum profile. I can't say for sure when I am available, but you can ensure a reply within 24 hours of a question. Like Qvaak says, my YouTube tutorials should be helpful. However, if you really would like a tutoring-type learning experience, you can add my personal Facebook profile, and I can help you via chat when I am available. But, if you do not wish to use Facebook, I can find another way. I wish you well in your efforts to learn this wonderful language.