Author Topic: Duolingo course  (Read 15499 times)

Alsatio

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Duolingo course
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 10:09:44 am »
Ok, I filled the application module for the contribution to the Dothraki course.
All I have to do is to wait?
Hajas!

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 08:59:51 pm »
Yep. And once we have enough applications then production can begin
My name means butt swarm

Lajaki

• Administrator
  • We all swore oaths.
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 09:11:22 am »
Hey! Is this still in the works? Signing up now.

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 09:22:01 am »
UPDATE:

Unfortunately, there will be no Duolingo course for Dothraki. Duolingo tried to get the rights to a language course from HBO, but were turned down due to HBO's deal with Living Language. Unless something new happens, there's no need to sign up for the course.

Thank you all for the interest in the project,

Choyosor
My name means butt swarm

Alsatio

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 09:58:26 pm »
OMG this is very sad.. Well, they cannot say we didn't try ;) it was a beautiful dream! Let's hope things will change in the future!

Udrea Neptina

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 03:08:28 am »
I did this!
Can you accept me?
Pleaseeee!

In order to sign up and apply, you need to do these things:

1) Go onto the Duolingo website and register an account. It is important you go on the website and not the app for reason that will be explained soon
2) choose a language to learn. If you do want to actually learn something that's fine. If you don't want to actively learn something that's fine too, just choose any one you want; it doesn't matter.
3) once you get to your profile, go to the top of the screen and click on home, next to the big Duolingo title card
4) On your homepage, in the top right corner should be a central hub with (going right to left) your account name, your profile picture, and the flag of whichever language you've chosen. Hover your mouse over the flag, and information about your progress will appear in a little speech bubble
5) go down to the bottom of this speech bubble where it says add a new course and click on it.
6) you will appear on a page with a grid-list of all the language courses that are offered. Scroll down to the bottom, and you should see an area that says Language courses made by the people and a blue bubble that is labeled contribute to a course that you click on. This feature is only seen on the website and can not be reached on the app!
7) this blue bubble will take you to a new page called duolingo incubator, which is exactly where you want to be. At the top of the page, underneath the title, is a white bubble that is labeled with the same contribute to a course as the blue bubble beforehand.
8) Once you click on the little white bubble it will take you to the volunteer application form (almost done!), and now you simply fill out said application.
9) the course you'll sign up for is "Dothraki for English speakers" and if you're willing to moderate that would be fantastic.
10) All you do now is specify your native language, answer a question in Dothraki, translate your answer into English, give them your email address, confirm that you're over 13 and submit your application.

And that's it. Hopefully I'll have enough applications from other Dothraki speakers such as ourselves in order to start this project. Thank you so much for your time, and I hope you have a fantastic day! San athchomar azhak yeraan ha kashaan yeri, ma anha zak meyer aqorasoe asshekh vezhven!