Author Topic: M'ath! Kisha Ezoki Lekhes Dothraki!  (Read 7357 times)

Wyzr

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
M'ath! Kisha Ezoki Lekhes Dothraki!
« on: August 08, 2015, 02:07:35 am »
So,  I run a language school in Makati City, Philippines,  and I'm planning to offer Dothraki as a special course.  :)  I and a few other future Dothraki teachers are learning it together first,  we're only on our first week,  but it's been fun so far!  Nice to meet you all,  I think we'll be hanging out here quite a bit in the near future.

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: M'ath! Kisha Ezoki Lekhes Dothraki!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:48:18 pm »
Zhey Wyzr,
    Sorry for the slow response. I was out with our local astronomy club, doing an astronomy festival for a local National Park.
    What a cool idea, to off er a Dothraki course! Are you using David Peterson's Dothraki book?
    Activity on the forums is kind of spotty, but there is a wealth of useful (and up-to-date. despite what dates might be on it) information on the wiki.
    Don't hesitate to ask questions. I'm not the greatest Dothraki speaker, but there are a couple other folks here, who are really sharp at the language.

Dothras Chek!
Hrakkar
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:30:36 pm »
Gosh darn there's all of sudden a lot of stuff here on the forums. Language school at Philippines possibly offering a course on Dothraki. Whoa. That's something. As Hrakkar said, use wiki, use David's book and ask questions in a non-hesistating manner. I'm one of the roundabout couple of folk that are fairly sharp with the language. Don't depend on my availability, but I more often than not frequent this forum often. And when I'm here, I love to be helpful.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

Wyzr

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:44:11 pm »
San athchomari yeraan zhey Qvaak ma zhey Hrakkar!

Have to admit it's slow going-- the way the book is organized makes it hard to memorize words since they're from all over the place. We're all language teachers, (different languages) and usually when learning/teaching a new language it's better to present in thematic/situational  chunks-- today we're talking about food (food verbs and nouns, ordering in a restaurant), etc etc.

Despite that though still having fun with the language. We may have to come up with our own material when we start teaching classes. :)

Alizia

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 12:22:48 am »
M'athchomaroon zhey Wyzr !

Can you publish your works ?

I'm very interesting by a Dothraki course ! Do you will offer a distant learning ?

Wyzr

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 10:02:11 pm »
Alizia, we'll let you know when we come out with some material. We need to learn the !?*&#$ language first! :P

Alizia

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 12:10:12 am »
Alizia, we'll let you know when we come out with some material. We need to learn the !?*&#$ language first! :P

Of course, thanks a lot !