Information > Introductions

m’athchomaroon

(1/2) > >>

Hrakkar:
Hello everyone on this new list. Some of you might know me from Learnnavi, where I go by the name of `Eylan Ayfalulukanä. As I see it, any language that has, among its first 100 words, a word for 'lion' (let alone 'white lion') is a language worth learning!  (I am a total lion nut, and a real-life lionkeeper.)

I don't plan to be real active here (lots of work to do on Na`vi first!), but do plan to check on things periodically as I have time, and a chance to read the books.

ingsve:
Welcome. I'm sure you know some of the other Na'vi speakers that are here as well.

The word hrakka is one of only 30-something words that originate in the books itself so it is even more official than most other words you'll see.

Hrakkar:
Thank you for the warm welcome. In poking around the site, it looks like I have picked a great time to join.

Will be taking a trip by train next month. That might be an excellent time to read  ASOIAF. In the meantime, I need to go back to the wikw, etc. and familiarize myself with what there is of phonotactics, grammar and syntax. I am by no means a linguist, but have picked up a fair amount of it from learning  Na`vi.

ingsve:

--- Quote from: Hrakka on April 20, 2011, 02:06:43 am ---Thank you for the warm welcome. In poking around the site, it looks like I have picked a great time to join.

Will be taking a trip by train next month. That might be an excellent time to read  ASOIAF. In the meantime, I need to go back to the wikw, etc. and familiarize myself with what there is of phonotactics, grammar and syntax. I am by no means a linguist, but have picked up a fair amount of it from learning  Na`vi.

--- End quote ---

Ya, I'm not a linguist either so I'm also picking things up as I go along. Thankfully we have Lajaki/Taronyu here that is a linguist and of course we have great contact with David Peterson himself.

Lajaki:
Welcome, Hrakka! Can't think of a better name for you to pick, ha.

Hope your lions are doing well. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version