Author Topic: Athdrivar ha dozgaan yeri  (Read 4723 times)

Jaqqa

• Mahrazh gezrisi
    • View Profile
Athdrivar ha dozgaan yeri
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:32:03 am »
Forgive my Dothraki, if it is incorrect.

I am Jaqqa, or Daniel. I have been following the ASoIaF series since 2011 (since the TV show) came out, and since then have read all the books. The Dothraki haven't really captured my interest in the books, but they have in the show, mostly because they have a language of their own. I am an avid conlanger, and thus, Dothraki is quite interesting (for me at least). Dothraki has even influenced my current conlang, vocabulary wise (for example, in my conlang, the word for "fog, mist" is duivesí ['dˠɰi:vʲeʃi:], from the Dothraki devesh).

So I guess I'm here to converse with other like-minded people, and to improve my Dothraki fluency.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:58:07 am by Jaqqa »

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: Athdrivar yeri dozgoaan
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:30:23 am »
Athchomar chomakaan!

Good to have you here. People rarely write (grammatically) correct Dothraki right from the start, there are just too many pitfalls to keep track of. We keep on trying and learn. As the language isn't fully open to the public, everyone must endure a certain uncertainity. And one of the reasons why people get things wrong is because we have not managed to create a clearer wiki.

Your Athdrivar yeri dozgoaan would probably convey the intented meaning as something like Athdrivar ha dozgaan yeri.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.