Author Topic: hey all!  (Read 5281 times)

ashleyrae8

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
hey all!
« on: June 22, 2011, 12:50:17 pm »
Hey guys! I'm Ashley (as per my super original screen name =)) and I've pretty much become osessed with the Dothraki language and culture. The show is amazing, but something just struck me about the Dothraki, so here I am! I'm really hoping to learn the language, so I look foward to chatting with all you language buffs! =)

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: hey all!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:41:50 pm »
Hiya. Welcome.

Stroll around and you'll find the starting points. Everything is new, everything is growing. It's a good time to be interested in this conlang.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

ValekLost

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 03:58:46 am »
Welcome here! :D
Like Qvaak just said, it's a good time to learn Dothraki, so..good luck! :)

Hope to see you in chat, sooner or later :)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:27:06 am »
I think you will find the learning experience here a good one. If you have no experience in other languages, you will find Dothraki a very interesting language to learn!
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

ashleyrae8

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 08:34:52 am »
Thanks guys! I have studied french from middle school through college, so Im not a complete novice...BUT my problem is prounouncing Dothraki properly...not all fluent and dainty like french! ;) Right now Im just playing around with phrases, and when my (horrible) summer semester is FINALLY over, I pan on jumping in head first!! =)

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 08:13:15 pm »
Good! I hope you enjoy spending your free time learning this interesting language. I long for the time to takes to really learn a language well. This thing called 'work' keeps getting in the way. I am hoping this weekend to actually write something in Dothraki (the speaking part will come later for me).

If the interest is there, perhaps a teamspeak server or something similar (skype also works good for one-on-one) can be set up so people can chat live on line. This site lives on the same physical server as LearnNavi.org, so it should be quite easy to set this up.
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 04:01:15 am »
Good! I hope you enjoy spending your free time learning this interesting language. I long for the time to takes to really learn a language well. This thing called 'work' keeps getting in the way. I am hoping this weekend to actually write something in Dothraki (the speaking part will come later for me).

If the interest is there, perhaps a teamspeak server or something similar (skype also works good for one-on-one) can be set up so people can chat live on line. This site lives on the same physical server as LearnNavi.org, so it should be quite easy to set this up.

Well, Skype works with conference calls of several people as well so that's a good option.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly