Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Valyrian wiki down again?
« Last post by janolajak on October 13, 2023, 02:06:34 am »
I can't answer your question, but even two months later, it seems to be still down. Also, the forum seems quite inactive lately. I actually came here to have a look at the wiki, because I thought about starting my own. But I want to avoid double work. On the other hand, if this wiki here is down for so long...
General Discussion / Valyrian wiki down again?
« Last post by KaiserWilheim on August 28, 2022, 08:20:05 pm »
It seems that the valyrian wiki returns 503 Service Unavailable again.
Is there anyone still maintaining it now?
Does anyone know why this happened?
General Discussion / Re: Valyrian Wiki down?
« Last post by Justys Albieperzo on November 28, 2021, 12:56:29 pm »
Okay, apparently the Wiki site has returned to normal
General Discussion / Valyrian Wiki down?
« Last post by Justys Albieperzo on November 23, 2021, 03:01:18 am »
Rytsas!

I recently started a Duolingo course of Valyrian and I wanted to open a Wiki page here to check on Valyrian, but apparently there is nothing there - wiki.dothraki.org doesn't work (error 503, site unavailable).

Does anyone know why this happened?

Geros ilas, bōsa kirine glaesātās!
Beginners / I love you mom
« Last post by Alys15 on April 26, 2020, 03:03:35 am »
Good morning guys,
I'm new to the forum. I would like to know if there is a way in Dothraki to say "I love you" to a parent.
I know that "zhilat" means "to love someone" but it is used for sexual or romantic love.
How do I say "I love you mom"?
 Thank you in advance.  :)
Announcements / Re: Duolingo course
« Last post by Udrea Neptina on March 30, 2020, 03:08:28 am »
I did this!
Can you accept me?
Pleaseeee!

In order to sign up and apply, you need to do these things:

1) Go onto the Duolingo website and register an account. It is important you go on the website and not the app for reason that will be explained soon
2) choose a language to learn. If you do want to actually learn something that's fine. If you don't want to actively learn something that's fine too, just choose any one you want; it doesn't matter.
3) once you get to your profile, go to the top of the screen and click on home, next to the big Duolingo title card
4) On your homepage, in the top right corner should be a central hub with (going right to left) your account name, your profile picture, and the flag of whichever language you've chosen. Hover your mouse over the flag, and information about your progress will appear in a little speech bubble
5) go down to the bottom of this speech bubble where it says add a new course and click on it.
6) you will appear on a page with a grid-list of all the language courses that are offered. Scroll down to the bottom, and you should see an area that says Language courses made by the people and a blue bubble that is labeled contribute to a course that you click on. This feature is only seen on the website and can not be reached on the app!
7) this blue bubble will take you to a new page called duolingo incubator, which is exactly where you want to be. At the top of the page, underneath the title, is a white bubble that is labeled with the same contribute to a course as the blue bubble beforehand.
8) Once you click on the little white bubble it will take you to the volunteer application form (almost done!), and now you simply fill out said application.
9) the course you'll sign up for is "Dothraki for English speakers" and if you're willing to moderate that would be fantastic.
10) All you do now is specify your native language, answer a question in Dothraki, translate your answer into English, give them your email address, confirm that you're over 13 and submit your application.

And that's it. Hopefully I'll have enough applications from other Dothraki speakers such as ourselves in order to start this project. Thank you so much for your time, and I hope you have a fantastic day! San athchomar azhak yeraan ha kashaan yeri, ma anha zak meyer aqorasoe asshekh vezhven!
Introductions / Re: hello everyone
« Last post by Robokub on March 23, 2020, 03:03:07 am »
Brother, thank you for good information. Got under me a lot
Announcements / Re: Problems with the wiki
« Last post by Titstewan on March 04, 2019, 03:03:10 am »
Well, I could try to upgrade the wiki. (btw, the LN wiki would require an update, too.)
Unfortunately, my time is very limited and my brain keeps saying to do this, when I have holiday...
Announcements / Re: Problems with the wiki
« Last post by codemaster on February 07, 2019, 01:49:58 am »
There is still no improvement for the wiki (at least from where I'm surfing to it).

Any updates on this?
Beginners / My questions about some details
« Last post by Boris on February 03, 2019, 11:51:12 am »
Hi, i'm japanese language teacher from UA, i fell in love with dothraki and it hurts that some parts of language are unfinished (month, weekdays, etc.)

I have a couple questions, first - where we can actually use the infinitive form of the verb in cnversation?

Second - am i translating this sentences with nominalisation right?

"tomorrow i'll earn to swim" - silokh anesak athzerqozar

"i like dancing" - anha zhilak athezhirar

"You know nothing (John Snow!)" - "Yer vo nesi vosi"

"Everyday (i) fighting drgons" ei asshekh lajak javorsaes

"They were fighting with honour" mori lajish ki chomokhi

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10