Author Topic: Time to say hello  (Read 5124 times)

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Time to say hello
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:43:16 pm »
Hello.

It seems I'm writing more than one or two posts here, so I guess it's appropriate for me to introduce myself. I'm a finn. I'm no linguist and speak no languages except english (some) and finnish (with some confidence), so I might be compairing Dothraki to finnish more often than you'll be comfortable with (we have ablatives n' stuff so maybe it isn't that bad a comparison).

I'm somewhat holistic in my interests and have also a deepset relationship with fantasy genre. ASOIAF has so far been a saga of outstandingly good storytelling, and when the HBO series was announced, I decided it worth the effort to invest my curiosity into this meta adventure. The story of Dothraki's creation might well be the most unique and inspiring facet of this journey.

I love speculating and hypothesizing. This is probably the strongest asset I can offer. As I have very little knowledge to back up my theories with, they might turn a bit crackpotty. If I become a nuisance, give a stong hint and I'll tone myself down.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.