Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 5389 times)

ValekLost

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: June 08, 2011, 04:09:31 am »
Hi there!
I'm Christian, I'm Italian and though I've not read Martin's books yet, I'm in love with Dothraki's language :D
I'm very fascinated by conlang also if I've only studied the LOTR Sindarin some years ago and nothing more (and I don't actually remember almost anything! XD).

Sorry in advance for any grammar mistake I could do but I'm quite rusty in written English, 'cause I don't write/speak it so often. I listen to it much more because of tv series and movies. So I will try here to kill two pigeons with a stone..learn Dothraki and dust off a bit my English  ::)

I've to admit I've been studying Dothraki for some weeks, with all the thing on this site, before writing here and now I'm updating myself with the last things added :D
The last episode of GoF has been fantastic, with the great Dothraki (spoken) part!

But..is there somewhere the Dothraki speeches transcriptions?  :o
I got something listening to them, but I'm so far from understand all perfectly  XDDD

BTW, you've done a great work with this site! :D

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:02:18 am »
Hi, and welcome.

We have transcriptions of the Dothraki from the TV show on the forum http://forum.dothraki.org/index.php/topic,56.0.html. All of it hasn't been fully confirmed yet but it will come eventually.

There is also some other sources you can find here: http://wiki.dothraki.org/dothraki/Audio_sources

"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

ValekLost

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:40:06 am »
Thank you so much! Now I check what kind of disaster I created transcribing a part of a speech XD

Hrakkar

• Administrator
  • Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:28:31 pm »
Welcome, ValekLost! Its good to have another Christian here!

From the posts you have made so far, it looks like you are an avid learner. I am just getting my feet wet here, with most of my effort devoted to the Na`vi language. (I have also been traveling a lot this spring, which isn't helping!) When I have a little  time, I want to learn from the exchange you have been having with Insgive, and finally get around to actually writing something.

In any case, your enthusiasm is noted and welcome!
Don't tell Khal Drogo I am here ;)

ValekLost

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 09:03:48 am »
Sorry if I reply to you only today, but I havn't seen yours until now.

Yep, I am.
I've litterally fallen in love with the Dothraki language, and I'm famous among my friens to totally dive into things when I'm fascinating by something.
It's difficult for me to have half-ways :D

So..here I am.

I'm really happy to be here. And I'm happy to have found many people wishing to learn and improve Dothraki.

So, when you want to talk about this, or whatever else...I'm here :D