Author Topic: Is there a Dothraki word for "Myself"?  (Read 6074 times)

peregrin-fool-of-a-took

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Is there a Dothraki word for "Myself"?
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:51:32 pm »
anyone?

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: Is there a Dothraki word for "Myself"?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:08:16 pm »
If the double post was due to impatience, please don't expect an answer in minutes (or even hours, really). This is a small community and if the few key people are busy, getting an answer might take a day or two.

We don't know Dothraki word for myself, and it's likely there isn't one. Dothraki deal with reflexives with a particle thingie, so you would, for example, say "I'm teaching myself Dothraki" like this: Anha nemo ezzok lekhes Dothraki.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.

ingsve

• Administrator
  • Student of the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 02:58:29 am »
If the double post was due to impatience, please don't expect an answer in minutes (or even hours, really). This is a small community and if the few key people are busy, getting an answer might take a day or two.

We don't know Dothraki word for myself, and it's likely there isn't one. Dothraki deal with reflexives with a particle thingie, so you would, for example, say "I'm teaching myself Dothraki" like this: Anha nemo ezzok lekhes Dothraki.

Hehe. I didn't see that there was a double post so I answered the question in the other thread...Good to see that we came up with the same answer.

As for responses, I tend to check the forum fairly regularly but if there is no answer in a while that probably means I'm sleeping.
"I just need to rest, that’s all, to rest and sleep some, and maybe die a little" – Samwell Tarly

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:43:49 am »
How about using the particle with an imperative? If you had to translate the famous "nosce te ipsum", would that be: Yer nemo nesas ? Or could you just drop the pronoun?
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey

Havazhyol

• Athdrivar vos annakhoo !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:53 pm »
How about using the particle with an imperative? If you had to translate the famous "nosce te ipsum", would that be: Yer nemo nesas ? Or could you just drop the pronoun?

Fun stuff, I had to translate your dothraki sentence, only to discover I always knew it in french :o
I'm back !!

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 06:31:11 am »
I'm think we have seen a sentence or two, where there is pronoun in imperative sentence just to accomodate for a verbal auxiliary, so my guess would be Yer nemo nesas is precisely how you'd say it. Would not swear on it, though.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.