Author Topic: Other languages in ASOAIF  (Read 5964 times)

StannisBaratheon_ark

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
    • odigein
Other languages in ASOAIF
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:40:36 pm »
Unless I'm wrong there are almost 10 languages in the ASOIAF series (I think there 9 beyond the Wall).

I suppose that the Dothraki, the High Valyrian and the Bastard Valyrian are the primary ones.

If LCS continues to develop new languages for the TV series we will have problem. :-\ :-\ :-\
I usually do not meet God of Death but when I do I say ... Not today.

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Other languages in ASOAIF
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:08:00 pm »
Unless I'm wrong there are almost 10 languages in the ASOIAF series (I think there 9 beyond the Wall).

I suppose that the Dothraki, the High Valyrian and the Bastard Valyrian are the primary ones.

If LCS continues to develop new languages for the TV series we will have problem. :-\ :-\ :-\

Sorry, but I need to clarify this: The LCS is NOT developing languages. David J. Peterson is, and while he is president of the LCS this in no way means that the entire LCS is involved in creating languages for GoT.
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey

StannisBaratheon_ark

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
    • odigein
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 02:42:42 pm »
It seems that I've misunderstood.

So was it only David J. Peterson the developer of the language?

Apart form this, Dothraki language has been created. Valyrian is coming. If more languages are about to be created it would be hard to learn all of them.
I usually do not meet God of Death but when I do I say ... Not today.

Najahho

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:45 pm »
Well yeah, David developed the languages, created Dothraki and Valyrian, which is now up to 666 words. Also he developed Astapori Valyrian, don't forget that one. I would love for him to keep on going. I know there's a fan Old Tongue conlang, but this was made by a fan of the books. Probably there will be more languages coming soon, I hope so :)
Athhajar vidrie anna ayyey