Author Topic: Help with translation!  (Read 4120 times)

Curious

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Help with translation!
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:40:11 pm »
Hello everyone. Could someone help me translate this sentence into Dothraki?  (I need it for my boss!)

Please translate: 

The rest of the program will be in English, but we can help you with that . . . we have interpretation services for you if needed!

Thanks to all!   

Qvaak

• someone
    • View Profile
    • qvaak-dot-kuutikkaat
Re: Help with translation!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:12:09 pm »
I'll try:
Tikhisir zinay losha lekhes haji English, vosma kishi laz rhelaki shafka qisi jini ... hash mori nem zigeree ki shafki, hash voji fini essinae lekhis mra qora.

To translate was surprisingly challenging concept. I would presume it has come up somewhere by now, but anything even close to that was hard to come by. My "interpretation services" is "people who make languages change", and even there the causative form was made up on the spot.
How to translate "program" depends on what it is. Is it perhaps a leaflet, or a TV broadcast? I went with "a group of deeds/acts", which of course was also derived ad hoc.
I used mra qora expression for to have and felt for you would be awkward and/or iffy anywhere I thought to put it, so I went with "...needed by you" to get somewhat similar effect.

Close translation to give a feel how the sentences flow:
Remaining program contains Engish language, but we can help you about that ... if they are needed by you, we have people who change languages.

Even closer:
Program remaining contains language regarding English, but we can help You about this ... if they are needed by You, then people who change languages are had.
Game of Thrones is not The Song of Ice and Fire, sweetling. You'll learn that one day to your sorrow.