Author Topic: Fresh Meat  (Read 7443 times)

illixir

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
Fresh Meat
« on: May 13, 2016, 11:31:34 am »
Hello everyone.  I am brand new to the Dothraki language, but intend on being a fluent speaker some day.  At the moment I am working on building a vocabulary, which is going quite well.

Khal_Qana

• Dothraki fan looking for some friends to talk to
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Meat
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 01:53:57 pm »
M'athchomaroon, my friend!

It's good to see someone so excited to learn about this wonderful language. Gavat chosh, I suggest that you come into contact with me. I would be willing to talk to you over skype and to help you learn along the way  :)

I hope to hear from you again!

Choyosor
My name means butt swarm

illixir

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 02:20:21 pm »
Since there isn't any way to literally express thanks in Dothraki, I will just say san athchomari yeraan!  My wife and I are learning together and would love the opportunity to speak with others.

Nullus

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 06:11:02 pm »
Glad to see that there are still people joining the forums, I was afraid I might have wandered into a ghost site, which would have been a massive shame. I look forward to learning alongside my fellow beginners.

Khal_Qana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 12:07:44 am »
@Ilixir

Fantastic! I hope you and your wife have as much fun as I did when I first learned the language. I would suggest also taking a look at High Valyrian. It's a bit more of a challenge than Dothraki simply because it was made to be difficult to understand, but the community needs some stimulation and any interaction within the forums is greatly appreciated!

Choyosor
My name means butt swarm

illixir

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 07:15:39 am »
I have noticed that it had been a while since the last post.  It would be great to see a community like this blossom.  It would mean the perpetuation of some pretty great languages.

Khal_Qana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 07:26:16 am »
So tell me more about how both you and your wife got into learning. Has someone been pressuring the other into learning with them  ;)
My name means butt swarm

illixir

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 07:37:09 am »
Well, we are cord cutters, so we haven't had the standard TV lineup in many years.  We decided a few weeks ago to spring for the HBO app because we wanted to see what all the buzz was about with GoT.  We started it, got addicted, and fell in love with the language.  We both decided we wanted to learn.  At the moment we are both working on vocabulary, conjugation, and grammar.  I know around 500 words, and my wife knows around 300, but we are learning more every day.  We frequently use it in small, broken sentences, but that will get better in time.

Khal_Qana

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 08:05:01 am »
Ahh, reki gizikhven! I wish you luck in your endeavours
My name means butt swarm

Nullus

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 03:56:35 am »
Hahaha something tells me that the Valyrian speakers aren't going to be in such a good position in the future either my friend!

illixir

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:46:10 pm »
Hahaha something tells me that the Valyrian speakers aren't going to be in such a good position in the future either my friend!

I concur. 

Nullus

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 09:25:01 am »
I might be making an assumption here, but I'm liking this little back and forth we've got going on with Memrise! It's a little motivating to keep gunning for the top spot

illixir

• Dothraki Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 11:16:15 am »
Good to hear it is someone from the forums!  When I am done with the course I should have around 600,000 points.  I have a tenancy to review until I can do 10 or 15 in a row with now memory faults or spelling errors before moving on, so it builds points pretty slow.  I work as a network / systems administrator, so I do a little here and there while I can.